free website stats program Chill in the Air | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chill in the Air

I ride all year. It rarely gets below 25 for more than a day or two down here. Wet and cold....I try not to do.

Down here in Mississippi we can ride pretty much all year. In cold weather my decision to ride is based on the lenght of time it takes to put on all the cold weather gear and the distance of the ride.

As long as there is no snow, ice or salt thrown on the road it still riding season. As least in Vermont.

no wind ,no ice, sunny and at least 38-40 degrees. But I did ride in a Veterans Day parade a couple of years ago when it was 25.

If there is no salt/sand/snot/ice on the road and its going to hit around 40 I try to ride. The coldest I've ridden is 25. That was to work - 16 miles, around 30 minutes. No heated gear and my gloves are not that good... For this year I'm thinking heated gloves and better pants - leather or insulated. I'll probably switch to my full face helmet too.

I'll ride down to about 30 degrees if the roads are dry and no wet wether is predicted. I was given heated gloves last Christmas but never hooked them up. I think this year they will be wired in. It's usually my hands and face that get cold (and numb). hmmm, maybe I should get a full face helmet instead of the little 1/2 that I have.

Man, still in the 80's & 90's here in SoCal, humidity in the teen's and fires in some of the remote mountinous areas...then I see the "Chill in the Air" post...! Just wish it was at least 20 degrees cooler and normal 60% humidity...but that was well over 3 1/2 years ago since we had a decent rain.

But I hear a hurricane is in the Baja off the Mexican coast...hopefully some rain will come our way...! Enjoy the cool weather guys and gals that you have, and give a little rain dance for us...!

My cuttoff point is 35 if it is dry and I'm riding to work. I have a hour ride and 90% of it is interstate. Good thing is I live in south Georgia and it doesn't get down lower then that but a few times a year.

I ride with layers of clothes and gear.You can always peel some off or add if you need it .Also keep some gear in saddle bags in case the weather takes a turn for the worse.

I ride year round as long as there is no snow or ice! I have heated pants, gloves and a jacket liner! It makes all the difference in the world! Without it the arthritis in my hip keeps me from being able to even put my feet down in cold weather.

Back