free website stats program Check Out the New 2008 Softail Crossbones! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Check Out the New 2008 Softail Crossbones!

What's really interesting is that H-D has set up a self-contained "Dark Custom" website. Its loaded with Flash and videos. If you look at the creative, they look to be taking aim at a new demographic - younger cats that want to be Harley cool. The edge of the marketing is not towards the traditional H-D buyer it appears. Guess since Buell can't get the sportbike kids pumped, they will try the tattoo bobber thing.

i like it but this cat likes being the heavily tattooed young guy on the roadking.i may toss a leg over one i need a lil bike for a work bike or around the town

Woah! Big Lou... hurt? Hope it's not serious bro!

As for this Crossbones... it's even getting respect (and nice comments) over on a Honda site that my father just joined. Guess most folks like the looks of her... but no reports back yet on anyone swingin' a leg over her.

Not serious, dropped 315 on my chest:26: while bench pressing with a warpped bar. Landed on my chest from the up position. The fisrt time hurt, but then it bounced and the second time reallllllyyyyy hurt. Bruise sternum, ribbs and supeficial bruises, but still in the game.

That Crossbones is cool but to much black.

Hurt Big Lou

Hey Big lou, I told you to stay away from putting the cards in the spokes.:bigsmiley8:

Hope you're OK bud.

Yeah right, I'll use a ballon next time.

Hey they are talking about the crossbone at the VTXOA site too. Some good, some bad.

Bruised, but not out Big Lou

Personally I think Harley should take care of their traditional line of bikes and leave the customs and customizing to the creative thinkers instead of making a poor attempt to copy!

But the XBones is basically a traditional line of bike. It looks more traditionally Harley than pretty much anything else in the line today (sans the Sportster or Heritage Softail).

Personally I think Harley should take care of their traditional line of bikes and leave the customs and customizing to the creative thinkers instead of making a poor attempt to copy!

I agree with you here. They aren't doing a real good job on the new bikes.
Appreciate H-D making an effort or noises to please the customer, but must concur, a double ditto good gentlemen on your views ,:s ....
atvvb
Bill

Back