free website stats program Check engine light, problem? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Check engine light, problem?

What does historic code set mean? So after 50 or so starts the check engine light may come back on? Dennis

Ok what is a TFI ? some kind of a fuel processor?

When a trouble code is set, the system will let you know by the symptoms hogghuntter described above. As long as it is not a reaccuring problem, this historic code will clear after 50 consecutive ON-START-OFF cycles. Or you can clear them. Historic codes will NOT return unless the problem happens again, in which case it is not really a historic annomoly, but rather an intermittent problem.

You should get the TFI or another fueler anyway. But if you get the P0152 code again (on the rear), it means something else is wrong. I would bet on a sticky injector. So see my advice above about putting an injector/fuel system cleaner in the gas for a couple of tank fulls.

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

OK I will run some fuel cleaner and see what happens, I probally will end up gettin a fuel processor by the end of the summer.....

Now that you have two fresh o2 sensors installed, at least any error codes you now generate are more believable and carry more weight. Sit back and see if you generate any new codes. The software that performs error checking is not a perfect science and is usually not real sensitive to small changes so it may take a little time. If you do throw a repeat or new code, just think about what the code is really trying to tell you. Post what happens. There are Lots of helpful people here with tons of experience.

If we can't make you spend money, Nobody can.!:p

Right, but isn't there a "front" and a "back" sensor. If not, they must have build in the smarts so that the ECM figures out which sensor is where based on seeing the exhaust gases on each particular sensor.

TQ
The sensors them selves are the same. As for where you plug them in is different, but you would never be able to plug them into the wrong spot (at least on my '07 FXST) because the wires from the 02 sensors wouldn't reach. The rear 02 plugs in by the oil tank and and the front plugs in by the voltage regulator.

Ok thanks guys for all the input and info. I will ride and see if any changes happen , I'll stay in touch and let you guys know , once again thank you both for the info. Dennis

Back