free website stats program changing the idle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

changing the idle

Sorry I haven't been back lately, been riding a lot. Yes, I took it to a dealership. I found a great mechanic who was very helpful. the dealership here just blew me off about turning the idle down, so I called around until I found someone who would, in another town..He turned it down as far as possible without messing up the efficiency. I also ended up getting a backrest with studs installed, and it looks good, but what I really like, that I recently purchased, was a matching set of skulls-one for a gas cap, and one that is the gas gauge. The teeth of the skull light up bright blue, and disappear one by one as your gas goes down. It's a cool effect. Next I want to look into getting that leather heat cover. I can practically smell my jeans burning in town at stop lights. And I need something on my pants for rain. It has rained A LOT here. I rode four hours one trip from Leaky to Austin, and last week, around San Antone, every fifty miles was rain, then sun, then rain, back and forth. My jacket, gloves, and boots cover most of me, but my jeans get sopping wet. I wonder if leather chaps are effective against rain? Are am I stuck with UGLY rain pants?? thanks for your info, and I hope it is not raining in Delaware.:40:

Hey "Norma", Great to hear from you again ! No, it's not raining here in Delaware. It's so dry around here that when ya walk across the lawn ( those that have a "lawn" left that is) it's sounds like someone eatin a bag of potato chips with a microphone by their mouth !!! By the way, just got a chance to see the recent pics of ur bike ya just posted. WOW !!! You've been busy customizing ! Looks "Sharp" !!! I also see ya got that backrest studded that you wanted to get done. Looks good and "flows" with the rest of the bike. How do those V&H Big Radius Pipes sound ? Looks "radical". Definitely gives it a custom and personal touch! Ride safe and apply the "K.I.S.S." theory,Hi-Tek Rednek.:s

Yea, I've had a great time adding the gold eagles, the flames sets, and the pipes are AWESOME!! I keep setting off the car alarms everywhere because they are so thunderous. I also added the studded chrome leather strip under the control panel on the tank -it was the last touch for the completed stud look. I thought about a wheel that has skull heads with wings, but I already have spoked wheels that are pretty cool, so I don't know if I want to change that out. Glad you like the look though!!:40:

Back