free website stats program Castrol V-Twin ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Castrol V-Twin ?

I googled "Castrol V-Twin FULL Synthetic" and it came up with sites for synthetic "BLEND", not FULL synthetic.

Castrol Power RS V-Twin 4T Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil - SAE 20W-50 (1 qt.) - 6081

MPN: 6081

Description: Castrol Power RS V-Twin 4T is an advanced, premium-quality synthetic blend 4-stroke engine oil designed for modern V-Twin engines. Its power protection formula is specially designed to protect your V-twin engine from the buildup of power-robbing deposits, enabling you to get... read more

So....which is it? Full or blend????

Read Post number 3 in this thread... it is both.

Post 3 - Castrol V-Twin ? - Harley Davidson Community

The Full Synthetic is new from what I can tell. It is not showing up in internet searches as you mention but it does exist. Follow the link in post 3 and you will see a member's picture of the product by following another link to a separate Oil thread in post 3.

I think it is very new as I can find confusing results when I do an internet search. For example the link below will take you to Advance Auto Parts and you get a Title page that says " Castrol Power RS V-Twin 4T Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil - SAE 20W-50 (1 qt.)" and a picture of a bottle that shows a "Full" Synthetic product (use the picture zoom) but the product description below on this same Advance Auto Parts web page says "blend".

Advance Auto Parts: Power RS V-Twin 4T Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil - SAE 20W-50 (1 qt.) by Castrol - Part 6081

The product description from Advance Auto Parts. Picture of oil bottle says Full Synthetic.

Castrol Power RS V-Twin 4T is an advanced, premium-quality synthetic blend 4-stroke engine oil designed for modern V-Twin engines. Its power protection formula is specially designed to protect your V-twin engine from the buildup of (heat-derived) power-robbing deposits, enabling you to get the best performance from your bike.

Product Features:

* Synthetic-blend 4-stroke motorcycle engine oil
* Developed specifically for V-Twin engines
* API Service SJ and JASO MA2

Read Post number 3 in this thread... it is both.

Post 3 - Castrol V-Twin ? - Harley Davidson Community

The Full Synthetic is new from what I can tell. It is not showing up in internet searches as you mention but it does exist. Follow the link in post 3 and you will see a member's picture of the product by following another link to a separate Oil thread in post 3.

I think it is very new as I can find confusing results when I do an internet search. For example the link below will take you to Advance Auto Parts and you get a Title page that says " Castrol Power RS V-Twin 4T Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil - SAE 20W-50 (1 qt.)" and a picture of a bottle that shows a "Full" Synthetic product (use the picture zoom) but the product description below on this same Advance Auto Parts web page says "blend".

Advance Auto Parts: Power RS V-Twin 4T Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil - SAE 20W-50 (1 qt.) by Castrol - Part 6081

No.the BOTTLE says FULL synthetic, the description says synthetic BLEND. Just what I posted before. Which is it? Full, or blend? Bottle says fiull .....description says blend.

I think the question is not a choice of "which is it?" as Castrol now has both. Blended and Full.

I have personally used the "blended" in the past. The picture that wildspirit97 posted in the Amsoil thread that I referred to is consumer proof that Full exists. Here is his picture again ...

7485d1281818305t-amsoil-img_0189.jpg

The Advance Auto Parts web page is mixed up as the person that is doing their updates has not caught on yet that there is a difference between a Blended Synthetic and a Full Synthetic. He changed the picture to a "Full" bottle but maintained the blended product's description.

Our forum member wildspirit has bought it so as I said before the Full Synthetic exists as does the blend.

Below is the link to the post wiildspirit made originally with his picture of the bottle...

wildspirit97 post - "Amsoil" thread - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Community

Point is that Castrol now offers both a Blend and a Full Syn SAE 20W-50 for V-Twins. Advance Auto's web page just needs fixing.
You're right........from Castrol's website................it's called :

Castrol Power RS TTS — Get the Best Performance from Your Bike

Castrol Power RS TTS 2T is an advanced, synthetic 2–stroke engine oil. Its Power Protection Formula provides protection against thermal and mechanical breakdown, allowing your engine to produce maximum power without compromising protection. Suitable for Pre Mix or Injector use.
Castrol High Speed Lubricity Test
Features:

* Fully synthetic 2–stroke motorcycle engine oil
* Creates a tough, heat reactive layer of protection
* Designed for both oil injection and premix lubrication up to a fuel/oil ratio of 50:1
* Exceeds API TC, JASO FD, and ISO L EGD

Benefits:

* Extreme protection even at maximum RPM
* Protection against ring sticking and engine seizure
* Protection against thermal and mechanical breakdown
* Engine cleanliness and virtually smokeless exhaust

Application:

* Castrol Power RS TTS is suitable for all types of 2–stroke Japanese or European motorcycle engines running on race, leaded or unleaded gasoline. Designed for both oil injection and premix application, Castrol Power RS TTS has proven to mix readily with unleaded gasoline and remain stable over long periods of time.

Back