free website stats program Castrol V-Twin ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Castrol V-Twin ?

BeachJeep

I've been running Mobil-1 V-twin but I am going to be doing my oil change this week end with Mobil-1 again. Talking with a buddy at Advance Auto they said they are switching to the castrol V-twin and will not carry Mobil-1 anymore. Walmart has also strated carring the Castrol V-Twin and no Mobil -1 Vtwin. Any one used the castrol V-twin Like - Dislike?

Not yet, but I run Castrol in my truck & van. Guess it's time for more oil research - gotta thing Castrol V-twin would be decent quality. Also, I'm a big John Force racing fan so it could be a win - win.

Have mobile-1 in my truck since new. For the sled? Ams-oil for me. I too am a fan of John Force and he ain't no dummy! Go John!

We just put the Catrol synthetic in my sons SE VROD a couple of weeks ago. It had the HD syn3 in it and he said the bike seems to shift a lot better. Only has about 500 miles on it so far, but no complaints.

I saw this in WalMart the other day as well. It said you can run it in the engine, primary and tranny. Not sure if I'd do that, but here is a link.

Castrol USA - Power RS VTwin 4T

I bought a few cases of Mobil 1 Vtwin when it was on sale a few months ago, so I'm good for 10K miles.

IMO, if you change your oil frequently and use a quality filter, you are all set.

Ride safe and have fun.

Back in 92 in sturgis I had a chat with a factory rep, he said Castrol was a good oil for Evos, I got to beleve if they have a synthetic for V Twins it will be a good choice:s

A good 100% Synthetic oil is fine, the delta between different brands probably is not as great as between dino oil and 100% syn...but then if you change your oil sooner than the recommended 5,000 miles with filter, it is likely you will never witness "self destruction" due to that difference anyway. :s

Again, it is how you ride and if you do regular oil changes, you are likely going to beat the "lifetime" odds, regarding wear due to the type of oil...JMO. 100% Syn is just a good idea...with results as compared to dino oil proven over and over that more temperature tolerance before breakdown and anti-wear/anti-corrosion properties of a more "pure" oil will improve performace and ultimately longevity. API does not do the ratings just for "lip service" but actually thru testing, but as always it is your choice...:D

Last edited:
So is Arco (formerly Atlantic Richfield Co.) so you would be hard pressed to find BP tendrils everywhere.

Back