free website stats program Carburetor gasket. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carburetor gasket.

Just finished the swap from #42 to #45 slow-jet, rode about 6 miles, seems to be a lot more responsive and the miss / hiccup at slow speeds (10-15 m.p.h.) are gone, thankfully. I'll know more about mileage numbers when I take her out for a few hours, maybe a ride down to the beach and back, a 3 hour ride. I'm also betting the good cleaning she got when I had her apart helped in some of those issues. Well, it's done now, and it wont be another 12 years before servicing her like that again. Thanks for the helpful info fellows.

UPDATE: Had some free time this morning, so took the Sporty out for a 100 mile jaunt. I'm very pleased to report an overall mileage of 46.4 mpg after the carb cleaning and upgrade to the #45 low-speed jet swap from the factory #42. Most of those miles were clocked at above 55 and less than 65 mph. Just to be clear for anyone who might have the same issues I was having, my scoot is a 2006 XL883C, all stock with the exception of V&H pipes and a 100/90-19 front tire, and a windshield.

It is always good to be riding bike even better when it is running really well

Brian

Back