free website stats program Carburated 120r | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carburated 120r

I googled fuel tap. What are the differences in the petcock a carb bike would have and one that an efi bike would have?

The fuel tap is a pressurized line getting pressure from the pump, a petcock is just an on and off valve

Dan thats a great breakdown of the engine is there something else where i can see wireing harnesses or thing i would need if i were to go back to a throttle body one day?

HD07FXST071.gif

HD07FXST072.gif

To me a fuel tap is what on the other side of the pond would be a petcock however Harley parts list calls it a fuel valve so there is room for confusion with so many good names for the same part

Brian

Does anyone know why i would be getting excess fuel dumping into my carb?
Incorrect float adjustment, bad or stuck float, plugged needle & seat, leaky O ring or gaskets can all be a reason a carburetor may not function correctly.

You can go to Instruction Sheet look for 51-1012 and download the Instruction sheet for the E & G carb. They also have videos on How to. What do you mean by excessive dumping into the carb.? Are you talking about idling or when you twist the throttle open? 2 different problems.
tourbox

Back