free website stats program Carbon Fiber Helmets | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carbon Fiber Helmets

Just a Heads up.......... ACC/Head Trip helmets have a recall and they now only sell Kayak helmets which they told me were the same as the novelty they sold. Plastic buckle. You can find the recall link at the bottom of their home page.:TEXAS

I have a dozen or so helmets. Only two of them are comfortable. One is a vintage 1970 metal flake rebel flag helmet that is not DOT and the other is a novelty helmet I got at a flea market for $10. Was thinking about trying a HeadTrip , Now I'm not so sure.Glad I read this.

Just because there is a recall does not mean they do not have a Service Bulletin to fix the problem...(likely factory strap change with metal D rings and such...so contact the factory for "exchange warranty repair" and get a return authorization number and work order receipt to settle...

I stand corrected, sorry Tank...I guess that manufacturer is expecting to go down in flames...and just does not want to take any liability before it closes it's doors, expecting no recovery...this level of customer disservice kills companies, branding and everything that it needs...an industry REPUTATION.

I will swear by them! As stated before they are light wieght and they work. My wife hydroplaned on a off ramp in ohio 2 years ago. long story but the rear end caught and the bike threw her. Now as you watch this happen in front of you with your wife looking like a rag doll and a streetglide chasing her to the grass it is a sick feeling. I don't remember how but I had my bike spun around going back toward her she was sitting up and I went over her with a fine tooth comb. Thats when I noticed her helmet it was scuffed and narfed all the way around it. She had a slight concussion and some bruises but that helmet took a beating. I was impressed enough that when she ordered a new one I got one also. They are HCI polo style. They really do make my fat head look thinner:newsmile100: I am not afaid to recomend them!!:worthy

Back