free website stats program Can the dealership recover missing pin without fob? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can the dealership recover missing pin without fob?

Need help on tssm/hfsm part number

Can anyone shed me a light?.

If anyone had ever bought new tssm/hfsm module, are they always sold pairing along with a fob?.

Also can anyone help me what is the part number for 2009 Dyna Super Glide Custom tssm/hfsm module?.

My dealer telling me: "68925-07/MODULE security system all". And they called it tssm.

From what I've learn from the Google, all HD below 07 having tssm, 07 up would have hfsm (handsfree security system).

Thankyou in advance.

Re: Need help on tssm/hfsm part number

Can anyone shed me a light?.

If anyone had ever bought new tssm/hfsm module, are they always sold pairing along with a fob?.

Also can anyone help me what is the part number for 2009 Dyna Super Glide Custom tssm/hfsm module?.

My dealer telling me: "68925-07/MODULE security system all". And they called it tssm.

From what I've learn from the Google, all HD below 07 having tssm, 07 up would have hfsm (handsfree security system).

Thankyou in advance.

Yes, 68925-07 is the "smart security system module" USA Harley list price is $260. USA and International show as same part #. Most of what I've read about new modules, say the dealer charges to "marry" the new modules with fobs.
You said in first post, "only dealer in your country, bike has only been serviced by this dealer". Was the bike bought from this dealer? This dealer really should be able and willing to help you. Have you talked to a Manager at this dealer?
In other posts suggestions have been made about the PIN #. My PIN was the last 5 digits of my serial number REVERSED. Also, do you have the owners manual? The PIN # may be recorded on the cards explaining how to use the PIN in the back of it (or elsewhere).

I have a sneaky fealing the Harley Digital scanner will tell the tech everything about your bike JMO

I have a sneaky feeling the Harley Digital scanner will tell the tech everything about your bike JMO

I agree 100% with you Jack. I also would bet their scanner can re-flashed a TSSM with new or upgraded firmware just like they can with an ECM. Doing that would automatically set the pin to a factory default value as if it was brand new.

They think the average person is an idiot. They don't know I am way above average!! :D

Couldn't hurt to have a pin even if you have working fobs. You don't even need to know what your current pin is. Just set up a new one and write it down somewhere. A working fob must be present to reset the pin, which won't help the original posters problem. But my owners manual says, "replacement fobs can be purchased from a dealership, but can only be assigned to the motorcycle by a trained Harley technician". So I don't see why his dealer is saying they can't do it.

My Dealer said, in order to program new fob, I should have old fob. And if old fob is missing, then the engine should be ON running state. To get the engine fired I need the pin. Once the engine OFF, then no way to recover the pin without fob.

On my '06 Ultra Classic I had the pin changed by the dealer while there for a Stage 1 upgrade. I went to the back to talk with mechanic working on my bike for the change. I had bought the bike used and asked him if he could find out the Pin# through the Digital Scanner, he said no problem and pulled it up on his screen, he then changed it right before my eyes. Something I could remember. The Push Button fob was on the bike at that time. Sure seems like they could retrieve it, but my fob was on the bike.
tourbox

Couldn't hurt to have a pin even if you have working fobs. You don't even need to know what your current pin is. Just set up a new one and write it down somewhere. A working fob must be present to reset the pin, which won't help the original posters problem. But my owners manual says, "replacement fobs can be purchased from a dealership, but can only be assigned to the motorcycle by a trained Harley technician". So I don't see why his dealer is saying they can't do it.

My Dealer said, in order to program new fob, I should have old fob. And if old fob is missing, then the engine should be ON running state. To get the engine fired I need the pin. Once the engine OFF, then no way to recover the pin without fob.

Yes, 68925-07 is the "smart security system module" USA Harley list price is $260. USA and International show as same part #. Most of what I've read about new modules, say the dealer charges to "marry" the new modules with fobs.
You said in first post, "only dealer in your country, bike has only been serviced by this dealer". Was the bike bought from this dealer? This dealer really should be able and willing to help you. Have you talked to a Manager at this dealer?
In other posts suggestions have been made about the PIN #. My PIN was the last 5 digits of my serial number REVERSED. Also, do you have the owners manual? The PIN # may be recorded on the cards explaining how to use the PIN in the back of it (or elsewhere).

I bought it used, I am the fourth owner, so I dont have manual or second fob. Yes, the bike bought from this dealer, they have my bike service record. The only single dealer and sales-point throughout my country (it is a tiny country with only 1.5 million resident). Today I try with the mechanic to enter my VIN as pin number. Out of luck it doesn't work, and my VIN las 5 digits having number 0, i.e. 50608. We try to replace 0 with 1 also failed.

I agree 100% with you Jack. I also would bet their scanner can re-flashed a TSSM with new or upgraded firmware just like they can with an ECM. Doing that would automatically set the pin to a factory default value as if it was brand new.

They think the average person is an idiot. They don't know I am way above average!! :D

I am thinking the same way at beginning, but the dealer told me the pin is private number of customer, similar to my ATM card pin, would you reveal your ATM card number to someone else, that is what the mechanic told me. They can reflash the tssm only when the fob is present, very complicated :cry.

Once the tssm missing its fob, then the tssm is bricked. If tssm still having one fob, dealer can reprogram extra fob, to program new extra fob, we should have original fob, without original fob and pin, the tssm is dead. We should buy new blank tssm module to program. That what all the dealer said.

I am not sure its really the only way?.

but the dealer told me the pin is private number of customer, similar to my ATM card pin, would you reveal your ATM card number to someone else, that is what the mechanic told me.
I bought it used, so I dont have manual or second fob. Yes, the bike bought from this dealer,

Poor analogy because the BANK still knows your pin and can tell you what your pin number is if you forgot it..

But whatever the case may be, $600 sounds like alot of money to fix this problem....especially since you bought the bike from this dealer and they only gave you 1 FOB to start with. They really should have given you 2 fobs..

According to published documentation, if you don't have at least 1 good fob, you can't get into the program to do anything.

$600 sounds extreme to me. One hour labor and the price of a new TSSM can't be six hundred dollars. Ask them to break down the charges.

345$ fot tssm, 82$ for new fob, 31$ for programming, and 100$ labor.

On my '06 Ultra Classic I had the pin changed by the dealer while there for a Stage 1 upgrade. I went to the back to talk with mechanic working on my bike for the change. I had bought the bike used and asked him if he could find out the Pin# through the Digital Scanner, he said no problem and pulled it up on his screen, he then changed it right before my eyes. Something I could remember. The Push Button fob was on the bike at that time. Sure seems like they could retrieve it, but my fob was on the bike.
tourbox

I bet when the dealer did reading the pin, the fob was close, or the engine was running.

Back