free website stats program Camper for snowblower? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Camper for snowblower?

just thinking about this Matt, you sure the wife didn't want it for you?? it is bigger than a dog house......lol, i used to have a hammock in the bar of my old house....just incase (i never did have to use it) :naughty:naughty
Quote//Mat...Dog House.....:small3d031:...Well I didn't think about that..I hate it when the wife is mad..Just like you its been a long time for the need of a doghouse..LOL...To tell you the Truth I think this may bring the wife and I closer ...Thats a good thing..:s

Quote//Mat...Dog House.....:small3d031:...Well I didn't think about that..I hate it when the wife is mad..Just like you its been a long time for the need of a doghouse..LOL...To tell you the Truth I think this may bring the wife and I closer ...Thats a good thing..:s

just kidding matt....trying to get one more post......then congratulations on 1000 posts :D:D

That is what I'm hoping for too. I just bought a 24' Coachman trailer used. I didn't get it for the "steal" that you did but we went ahead and bought it anyway. It's nice and we are going to tow it to the Dry River Campground in the White Mtns. of New Hampshire at the end of this month. Should be interesting because I never towed a durned thing in my life and now I'm towing this! :small3d031:
Hope your trailer meets your expectations! :s

That is what I'm hoping for too. I just bought a 24' Coachman trailer used. I didn't get it for the "steal" that you did but we went ahead and bought it anyway. It's nice and we are going to tow it to the Dry River Campground in the White Mtns. of New Hampshire at the end of this month. Should be interesting because I never towed a durned thing in my life and now I'm towing this! :small3d031:
Hope your trailer meets your expectations! :s

Hi ....Thats going to be great....:)..As far as towing I would do some reading on that and check the lights and do some test rides ....You will do fine..Can you tell us about your trailer and what your towing it with? Also If there is Any work thats needed ?.Have you had everything working and is this your first camper? Myself this is my first and now that I have fixed most of everything on it :)I think they are not that bad to work on and the pex plumbing is easy with the tools needed..If there is any thing I can help you with let me no...I have been on a RV forum hopeing that this will help me not look to foolish when I pull into the campsite for the first time..I like to pretend that I no what Im doing...

I think a wee bit of practise towing may be a good idea especially at road junctions you will need to keep your tow veh close to the centre line of the road or your trailer will be cutting the corner
practise reversing is also a good idea so that you know how to get the trailer to where you want it
if you are towing on 4 lane roads and trucks and busses are passing you then be ready for the tail of your tow veh to be drawn toward the overtaking large veh as its air flow pushes the tail end of your trailer away from it
having the trailer packed with most of the heavy stuff over the axle and perhaps gust forward a wee bit prevents the back end from becoming a pendulum

Brian

I think a wee bit of practise towing may be a good idea especially at road junctions you will need to keep your tow veh close to the centre line of the road or your trailer will be cutting the corner
practise reversing is also a good idea so that you know how to get the trailer to where you want it
if you are towing on 4 lane roads and trucks and busses are passing you then be ready for the tail of your tow veh to be drawn toward the overtaking large veh as its air flow pushes the tail end of your trailer away from it
having the trailer packed with most of the heavy stuff over the axle and perhaps gust forward a wee bit prevents the back end from becoming a pendulum

Brian
+1 on Brian's post. Also, I think.your trailer tongue weight should be about 10% of your total trailer weight.

WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian
Thanks for those tips Brian. We weill be towing our 24' trailer for 185 miles in a couple of weeks. I have never towed anything ever, so I'm a bit apprehensive about it. :s

Well ok then...:)..I have to decide now weather to replace the black water tank or just or just install the new floor over the hole and put a Porty potty in its place...My wife and I will be gone no more than two days and will only be using it to p I hope....Aney opinions are welcome please..I dont no how nasty it is to empty these things...I hope this isn't to dirty of a post for you guys..:s

Thanks for those tips Brian. We weill be towing our 24' trailer for 185 miles in a couple of weeks. I have never towed anything ever, so I'm a bit apprehensive about it. :s

I took my first one for a few short trips when it was ready after some remedial work perhaps 70 or 80 miles for the first few trips but did not get far enough south to get on to the 4 lane roads we then had to move with the British army from Inverness in Scotland to Berlin we took it easy and stretched it to a 2 week trip
As the Berlin wall had just come down we chose our own route to the city and some of the east German roads were pretty poor only just passable but we got there

Brian

What a nice day.....Worked, finished bathroom floor, built drawer under bed and went for a ride on the bike:)...Best part of the day was when my wife came in the camper sat down in kitchen and tells me how much she looks forward to going with me...:)...I love my wife.....The way I figure if a guy has a good woman thats been there for 26 years whats better than that...Life is good..:D

Back