free website stats program Camper for snowblower? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Camper for snowblower?

enjoy your project Mat... my dad and i rebuilt an airstream when i was 15,,,ok i held the hammer, but it took us all winter

enjoy your project Mat... my dad and i rebuilt an airstream when i was 15,,,ok i held the hammer, but it took us all winter

Thanks Lorne......It keeps me going..I feel allot better when Im doing something ..Work is slow but this helps keep me sane..Its going to be along winter up here...Mat

we re-skinned half of a 23ft trailer, one of us on either side putting in the rivets. and we did this in Prince George b.c. it was a cold winter. dad paid 300 for the trailer i think the whole thing $$ wise cost him $1500 at that time. got offered 6K for it so sold it and bought a bigger on.

enjoy your project:newsmile04: best of luck to you on it. hope you have a warm place to do it in

Hey Mat, trick it up and park it permanently in a nice spot at Bar Harbor. That is one of the prettiest spots in Maine, I think? :) We had a great time there in 2006.

I paid prit near $5000.00 for my shed to store a lot of my stuff. Granted, it's a really nice shed but if you were to turn that into a bike work shop/storage I'd say it would be a pretty good deal for a fraction of the cost off what I shelled out. Heck, what kind of storage area can anyone find for a few hundred buck?
I would seriously consider Steve's advice and not tow it. Not with those wooden supports.
Send us a follow up when you finish that project. I'd like to see your progress, and good luck!

Many years ago i bought an old sprite caravan as we call them that was well abused and near the end of its life
i did a few repairs the frame was rotten in places so had to cut bits out and replace them
replaced some of the inner skin and cleaned and painted the chassis the regimental tailor a friend of mine stitched up some new seat covers and i replaced the starter motor on his car then we had a couple of weekend trips with it kids loved to be outdoors on the camp sites
My regiment got posted to Berlin so we made a good trip of getting there from Inverness in Scotland we took 2 weeks to do the trip stopping wherever we wanted to
The Berlin wall had not down long when we got there and we sold the old caravan to an east German car dealer to use as his office
Like any other wee project we take on the more time and effort that goes into it the better we feel at the end looking at our handy work
enjoy your project and keep the updates coming thanks for sharing

Brian

Thanks...I have replaced all the rotten wood..Once I get the new tale lights and wiring she will be ready for a test run....I have been underneath and frame is good..Im so glad most all the nasty work is done..I dont mind doing the rest...Yesterday I tried the furnace fridge,stove and water heater....All is good but I have the fresh water tank out for the remodel so I dont no about the plumbing yet....Sorry dont mean to go on...It will be safe neet and clean when Im done...Im so lucky,,My wife Barbara is looking forward to getting away in the old camper...She knows it will be fine...I will say ..I miss riding my bike but I dont enjoy the cold......Mat

Thanks...I have replaced all the rotten wood..Once I get the new tale lights and wiring she will be ready for a test run....I have been underneath and frame is good..Im so glad most all the nasty work is done..I dont mind doing the rest...Yesterday I tried the furnace fridge,stove and water heater....All is good but I have the fresh water tank out for the remodel so I dont no about the plumbing yet....Sorry dont mean to go on...It will be safe neet and clean when Im done...Im so lucky,,My wife Barbara is looking forward to getting away in the old camper...She knows it will be fine...I will say ..I miss riding my bike but I dont enjoy the cold......Mat

Good Reading here Mat and do go on this is an interesting thread, and you are making good progress and taking great pride:s

Back