free website stats program cameras | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cameras

but here's a few things that may be important to you.
1. I'd get one that takes ordinary AA batteries...you can get them anywhere and you don't have to worry about some strange shaped thing that only fits one camera (yours) and always is in need of a charge. (Which means you have to buy an extra one, and they're always expensive.)

Boy that is no lie. I have an Olympus C-4000. Takes Great pictures and has all the features I need,,, But to replace the Battery is like $18.50.
Just like the Prof says, strange shape that has proprietary copyright or whatever on it.

I like the Canon Power Shot for point & shoot. I like having a viewfinder for battery conservation. It is amazing how many people act like they don't know how to take a picture if the display is turned off.

We have a nice SLR, but it isn't as easy to take out & grab a quick picture. But if you have the time to stop & take the shot with the big camera. But the one that always goes is the pocket camera.

I got the Olympus 7020 digital for christmas...great camera so far. no issues that I know of. nice size, user friendly...

I have a Canon Power Shot. It has taken three years of abuse and still works like new. I use it for work and bike traveling so it has been bounced around a lot.

I use a Panasonic TZ4. 8.1 mega pixel, 10 time optical zoom and image stabilization, which is nice if you want to take shots while going down the road, at slower speeds and with no traffic of course.

Here are a couple of shots taken at about 20 MPH.

RedRockCanyonbikerider.jpg

RedRockCanyon-1.jpg

I think just about all of those pocket ones that are about 2 1/2 inches by about 4 and 1/2 thick with around 8 or so pixels and a 3 to 6 X lens are about the same just different names on them Daughter has one like mine different brand but I would swear it is the same camera. They sure have come a long way.

Sure beats lugging around a big bag with a couple big 35mm bodies and three or four lenses.

I have always used Olympus cameras. Currently have a stylus-9000 with 12mexa pixils and 10x zoom. Never a single issue or problem. The batteries are non standard and that can be a pain but I got a second one and they last for a very long time before I need to switch. The thing with the AA batt cameras (that I have seen) is the AA's just dont last long and constantly need to be changed.

I have had great luck with Canon, mine is several years old and has been used and abused.

DITTO. I have an old cannon that has been on 3 MC trips. Used and abused, rain and multiple drops. Even at highway speeds it works great. I am sure they all take good pictures, but this cannon is a tough camera and I am sold on them. It has proven itself over and over. Even my wife asks me why I dont get a new one, I just say why??:s Battery life is excellant as well.

I have a Canon powerShot SX100 IS. Been using it for a couple of years now. Takes an 8MP picture, has a 10X zoom (optical, goes higher with digital zoom, but that is pretty useless), and image stabilization. I have taken many shots running 60 mph and they come out very good. Check the picture from my 48 state tour last summer, many of those were taken on the fly.

It uses AA batteries. I have 4 rechargable ones, 2 are spares and 2 in the camera. During my western swing last summer, 27 days, I got into the second set of batteries, but they were still going strong when I got home. And I take a lot of pictures.

I have a Canon powerShot SX100 IS. Been using it for a couple of years now. Takes an 8MP picture, has a 10X zoom (optical, goes higher with digital zoom, but that is pretty useless), and image stabilization. I have taken many shots running 60 mph and they come out very good. Check the picture from my 48 state tour last summer, many of those were taken on the fly.

It uses AA batteries. I have 4 rechargable ones, 2 are spares and 2 in the camera. During my western swing last summer, 27 days, I got into the second set of batteries, but they were still going strong when I got home. And I take a lot of pictures.

I too have the Cannon PowerShot SX100 IS... has worked great for me for the past 2 or 3 years with the 10x optical, 8 MP, and image stabilizer for the shaking hand syndrome. Also agreee on an earlier post about using AA batteries instead of special made, just for your camera style batteries... Cost was just over $200 when I bought...

Back