free website stats program cameras | Harley Davidson Forums

cameras

kemo

R.I.P
What camera is everyone using, I am looking for a nice small digital camera. I have seen 10 and 12 mega pixals with 10X zoom for around the $200 to $225 price range. What brands are you likeing. I bought a Nikon f401 and I didn't have good luck with it so I am shy of Nikon.
kemo

Canon or Fujifilm give you the best resolution. I carry my little Fujifilm in my vest pocket everywhere I go.

I have had great luck with Canon, mine is several years old and has been used and abused. Takes great pictures even though it's only a 2.7 mega pixel and 3X zoom.
It's got a ton of features and was only $299 way back when.

I have a fujifilm. S700 7.1 megapixel 10x zoom. a little too big for a pocket but it has a lot of features. Takes great pics.

I have 2 Canons, big one for home and carry a Power Shot on the bike. Only issues I have had, are the batteries for the Power Shot (just bought a spare)

Take care and ride safe eh!!

The Nikon was a film slr camera, most of the time I couldn't get it take a picture, just wouldn't click the shutter. The dealer would take it and say no problem but it didn't work for me. It was an insurance replacement for a Minolta xg1. These are old cameras now, most likely 25 years, but I still don't like Nikon.
kemo

Canon Power Shot A 470. Only 7.1 mp but allot of features including movie with sound. Got it at Walmart for around $80 bucks. Nice large viewing screen.

They're all good, especially the smaller point and shoot cameras, but here's a few things that may be important to you.
1. I'd get one that takes ordinary AA batteries...you can get them anywhere and you don't have to worry about some strange shaped thing that only fits one camera (yours) and always is in need of a charge. (Which means you have to buy an extra one, and they're always expensive.)
2. Some let you compose the picture in a viewfinder, others make you use the back viewscreen, which requires that you hold the camera at arms length. That can cause blurry pictures due to arm shake.
3. Some have larger viewscreens than others.

As far as quality of pictures go, you can hardly go wrong.
My two cents worth.

I have a couple of Kodaks.The most recent is a C913 9.1mp 3x zoom.Its nothing fancy but for $80 it takes great pics and more importantly is built tough.No chincy buttons or gizmoes that are going break when rattleing around in the bags.

Ive had another 1, an older 3.1mp unit for about 6 years.Its been on my scoot for thousands of miles with no issues.Still use it as a backup.I guess its durability impressed me enough that I bought another 1.

I figure the way cell phone technology is advancing why spend big dough on a camera or gps.Another year or so and the cell phone will do it all.

Back