free website stats program Cam upgrade and Fuelpak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam upgrade and Fuelpak

Thanks Chopper:
Am I correct that the disc that came with the SERT stores your current maps that are loaded into the ECM?
No, When you download a map into your ECM the modular stores the last map installed so if your on the road and another shop lost all the data in the ECM the modular will have the last map saved that you installed, so they can just reinstall it, also the super tuner software is upgradeable over the internet now so it's never outdated, that's with the (sest) super tuners, now if you are talking the older version (sert) race tuner, the CD that came with it does has all the maps on it that it came with, (factory Built) but if you had a custom built map done on at a shop on a dyno the CD or the modular could not store the custom built virsons of map that the shop used, but you can always contact the shop and have them e-mail it to you for reinstall, I use to burn the customers their map on a CD for them or some that were on the road would ask me to e-mail it to there homes.

Here's what I've done so far to my 2012 StreetGlide w/ an Evo 103ci:

Vance & Hines dresser true duels
CFR Slip-Ons
Fuel Pak
K&N Cold (h)air intake
255 Screamin' Eagle Cams
High flow oil pump w/ new cam-plate
Adjustable pushrods.

So after installing the cams, I called V&H about recoding the fuel pak. I don't have it readily available, but I eat fuel like it's going out of style. I'm lucky to be getting 20mph. After talking with a guy at the dyno shop, he said that the fuelpak isn't really that great with upgraded cams, simply because you cannot truely adjust the air/fuel ratio with the different timing that is set up with the cams...meaning, they open sooner, stay open longer, and close later. Checking compression is a vital componet as well. He recommends using a Screamin' Eagle Pro interface so that it can be more fine tuned. I will find out more come Saturday....and will keep you posted...

Back