free website stats program Cam upgrade and Fuelpak | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam upgrade and Fuelpak

bigcletus

Before I begin, I know what the general consensus is on this forum on the FuelPak...that being said, I plan on installing Wood TW6-6 cams this spring, keeping my FuelPak. I sent an email to V&H and they gave me the settings.
Has any FuelPak owner upgraded their cams and kept the FP ? What's been your experience?
Thanks

They gave me "FP1625". I have the map printed so I just have to put the cams in, and punch in the numbers..hopefully...
As you may have guessed, I'm doing anything I can to NOT change out the FP.
If it doesn't work out, I'll bite the bullet..but I really hate buying a second product to do the same thing twice..Not cheap..just frugal...

Let us know how the cam change works out with the FP. Inquiring minds would like to know... Remember, Ride Safe...

If the fuel pack does't work out, check out the new generation 3 and 3.5 controlers from dobeck performance. The gen. 3.5 is made for higher compression engines and you adjust it yourself to get the right fuel delivery. I have a gen. 3 and it works very good. :)

I did a stag 3 and tried to keep my fuel pak which I used for 2 years on a stag 1. I had several conversation with the tech at vance and hines. We changed the setting 3 different times. I could not get my engine to run even half good. I changed to sert and she nows runs like a bat out of (EDIT). If I would have listened to my friends that new I could have saved a lot of time and aggravation

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a stag 3 and tried to keep my fuel pak which I used for 2 years on a stag 1. I had several conversation with the tech at vance and hines. We changed the setting 3 different times. I could not get my engine to run even half good. I changed to sert and she nows runs like a bat out of (EDIT). If I would have listened to my friends that new I could have saved a lot of time and aggravation
Welcome to the forum Ronnie, and A+ on that sert, it's not worth doing unless your going to do it right:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chopper;
You seem to like the sert. I had a discussion with my son today and he keeps getting different answers about what is on the disc. Would it be possible to explain this?

Blademan, I thought nobody would never ask me that question, It would take hrs to explain all that the super tuner does, it would be easier to say what it doesn't do.
I used power commanders back when that's all there was to tune a EFI Harley, I thought it was great tuning with a key board instead of a screwdriver, you could only make two maybe three adjustments on a carb where as you have hundreds of settings on a EFI system, that meant you could adjust for any running issue and not have to compromise. the problem with power commanders was they had to stay on the bike and they would break down, then Harley develop the race tuner, It is a tool that allows you to built a fuel map for your ECM just like the factory does. Nothing gets installed on the bike, you just hook up the modular between a computer and the bikes ECM and it allows you to communicate with it, change any settings you need to, you can take the bike for a ride and it will make suggestions where and what to change on the fuel map, just like having your own dyno with a experienced tuner, you can check trouble codes and get live feed on what every sensor is doing. You can adjust everything from warm up to decel, even front and rear cylinders independently. It also comes with factory built maps for stage 1, 2 & 3 that you can just download into the ECM, and they are off road use maps which just means they are not EPA, they provide plenty of fuel for performance & engine cooling. Now you do have to purchase the CD program & cables separately where they use to be included with the tuner. Bummer but is still the best bang for your buck.
Here's the super tuner user manual to give you a over view what it does, it's not as complicated as it might look once you start using it. I only have a 9th grade education and I have no problem.

Harley Davidson Community

Thanks Chopper:
Am I correct that the disc that came with the SERT stores your current maps that are loaded into the ECM?

PS:
Blademan I didn't address anything you can do with the timing, you can fine any spark nock you might have in front or rear cylinder and adjust timing or fuel to fix it and can even turn spark nock off completely if you wanted. One of my instructors in Milwaukee told me he turns his off on his own bike but suggest not do to do it for a customers bike, I did get as much as 10 hp gain on the dyno just by turning off spark nock on a bike. I would not recommend it for a street bike, it does serve a purpose.

Back