free website stats program Cable lube? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cable lube?

Sorry walleye, I haven't done mine yet so I can't recommend anything from experience. I'm sure someone will post with a good choice very shortly. I too will be interested in the product.

Door ease aka dripless oil also works, after the WD40 cleaning...the solvent in the WD40 is enough to make the dripless oil follow down the cable "capillary like action".

I used a chain lube one time and couldn't twist the throttle. I had to spray WD40 into the cables to dilute the chain lube.

I use aerosol chain lube on my cables, just put the straw in the end of the housing and fire away.

Not a good choice because the chain lube is meant to cling to a chain and gets sticky to do it. The cable would bind using a chain lube.

just a reply and it may not happen, but i used wd-40 on my auto locks,,,and if your not aware, it freezes in cold weather,,,believe me i know!! took an hour to heat up the keys and un-freeze the lock..
I think also that liquid GRAPHITE spray works wonders on cables..:s

just a reply and it may not happen, but i used wd-40 on my auto locks,,,and if your not aware, it freezes in cold weather,,,believe me i know!! took an hour to heat up the keys and un-freeze the lock..
I think also that liquid GRAPHITE spray works wonders on cables..:s

WD40 is okay but not all the things it claims to be. As noted, it is a lousy lubricant because it evaporates so quickly. For locks, it is bad for the fact that it will freeze, it will evaporate, and it will attract dirt that will gum up the lock. Never use WD40 in locks.

Back