free website stats program Bye Bye HD Football A/C & Hello LA Choppers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bye Bye HD Football A/C & Hello LA Choppers

water is not an issue for motors - infact it's used in high power turbo applications to keep induction charge cool and keep the power up :D, the issue is the dirt it carries but the filter will stop that as it's meant to, also most aftermarket filters are oiled which gives it that pink/red/purple appearance
WAP.gif

Appreciate the info Hobbit - I can't find a cover for the filter anywhere, but was going to call LA Choppers to see if they could assist. I like how it looks without & now you've convinced me it's good to go.

BTW - rode for a bit last night & the breather really helps...bike's a bit "snappy" while rolling the throttle. Can't wait to take her out for a longer trip.:D

Troy1225; sorry for the delayed reply - didn't see your question until today.

Yes, I adjusted the Yellow (accel) & Red (main jet) up a bit to alow for the +air. Got mine set at Y-~3:10 & R-~3:20 & getting around 45 mpg w/the set-up.

Hey Iceman,

Nice change! I'm thinking of swapping out my football with the HD open air filter element similar to your setup. Was it an easy job? I'm quite sure the backplate has to be changed but I'm wondering if you ran into any sorts of trouble.

This question is mainly to figure out if I'm capable of doing the work myself :)

Thx!
Kris

Nice touch. I was thinking about doing the same but I am completely stock. So I guess this means exhaust, tuner and then air cleaner. $$$$$$

you are more than capable of swapping out the air cleaner from stock to aftermarket - just do not over tighten the breather bolts in the heads

Hey Hobbit,

Thanks for the encouragement, I`ve checked my manual for installation details and it seems like a venture I might be undertaking soon.

That torque wrench already payed for itself on plenty occasions :) It really is a must to have one!

Take care,

Back