free website stats program Buying a brand new bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying a brand new bike

Life is a negotiation and so is a large purchase like a new Harley. The best thing you can do is research the models you like and see what kind of prices are being offered in say 150 to 200 miles of your home. All dealers will try to get the highest price they can so you really need to do your homework. If it's a new bike you want and it won't send you to the poor house than that is what you should do. Talk to the dealers (all you have access to) and play them off against each other. You'll soon find the dealer that wants to work with you. Dealer credits are great, see if you can get the first couple of services and some chrome. The only power you have when making any purchase is the ability to get up and walk away. Sometimes after walking away they may even give you a call to make the deal you want. Remember no impulse buys!

What does anyone think about a 2013 Superglide, anniversary edition, 96 CI, with 9 miles, never titled from the HD dealer for $14600? I am thinking they need to come down a bit.

What does anyone think about a 2013 Superglide, anniversary edition, 96 CI, with 9 miles, never titled from the HD dealer for $14600? I am thinking they need to come down a bit.

Good bike but IMO TOO high a price
Negotiate try for an extended warranty or new exhaust

Jack and dbmg,
I agree with you guys. Priced too high. and the anniversary edition is only a couple of badges. They also have 2 or 3 other new 2013 wide glides with 103 engines and a 2014 wide glide. I pop in every month or so to see if they come down on price but they don't. The baggers seem to move more than the dynas. Maybe next April they will change their mind. Not that I need another bike.

I have bought both, new and used. Got a great price on the used no doubt and was a very good bike but I was constantly chasing little issues here and there. Once I ran very low on fuel and after filling up it would hardly run. Come to find out the bike at one time had sat up for a long period of time and the lower large retangular filter was stuck to the bottom of a rusty tank. After restoring all of that, all was fine again concerning the fuel. Just items like that. One thing on a preowned I have noticed, be aware of previous owner mods. Sometimes they lack the skills to do the work properly. I ran into this with wiring issues with the larger apes that were installed. Just depends on how much and how handy you are with motorcycles.

Back