free website stats program Buy the all new 09 Ultra or wait??????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buy the all new 09 Ultra or wait???????

I would have no problem with the new bike. They paid attention and fixed the big issues like the wobble & heat so I would get what I asked for.
Keep the economy going and pull the plug!

Go ahead and get the '09 and be done with it :D

You will make as good a guinea pig as any one..... Heck you might get an 08 and get a lemon....who knows.....

I've thought the same thing as you and have decided the the devil with it...bag an OH NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:breakdance

After looking at all the changes on the 09 Ultra I am not sure if I should buy now or wait a year for any "bugs" to get worked out. What do you all think???? Thanks for all the help.

Buyer be wary....... Be sure to look into a couple of things. I have an '08 FLHTCUSE3 and have gotten two recall notices from the MOCO. Never heard of such a thing in 42 years of riding HDs. One is for the fuel filter. Which I understand from the dealer is a 3-4 hour job (and they don't have the parts for?). The second arrived last week stating that HD would replace the heads on the 110 due to valve issues and gasket leakage. They gave me two years to have the head work done????? I don't envision this will be the last of the recalls with all the electronic switches, computers and gizmos.

I guess you are asking for opinions here. Well, I look at it like this. If you are in the market for a new bike and it has new features on it that are unfamiliar to you, you should do your homework. Should you shy away from a purchase just because something is new or foreign to you. Not necesarily. Remember that a manufacturer has given a lot of though and engineering time to all their new features. They do not just for the hell of it make a change or make improvements. Manufacturing new vehicles is a work in progress. They constantly evaluate repairs made by dealers (under warranty) etc, and believe it or not, they do talk to customers to find out what is working and what is not. For my part, I never shy away from buying a vehicle just because it has new things on it. If there are problems, you use your warranty to fix them on the manufacturers dime, not yours. More than likely, those new features have been tested, retested and tested again because manufacturers do not want to introduce something which has the potential to cost them big money if it has not been thorougly tested, or debugged.

I would say go for it. If you are in the market for a new bike and that is the one you like you should go ahead and get it. I would.

It has weebles, but few wobles. Shutting down the rear cylender at idle is the best feature of this bike. Push throttle forward and hold for 5sec and it shuts down rear cylender to help w over heating at idle. Lack of hp and 5th gear turbine sound are negs on the 09. Often said that the rice burners sound like sewing machines, wait till u feel and hear this new 09. Plan on changing pipes, adding a lumbar support for passenger, and changing the shifter (heel/toe) , and air shocks if u under 5'9. At 65-70mph she purrs and handles w ease.

Buy now or you may end up with a 2010 liquid cooled Ultra...word is...

Insiders told me they would never break tradition on the big bike unless the market completely refused its air cooled engine. Thats why the did the cyl de-activation.

Back