free website stats program Buy the all new 09 Ultra or wait??????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Buy the all new 09 Ultra or wait???????

wineberrywinger

After looking at all the changes on the 09 Ultra I am not sure if I should buy now or wait a year for any "bugs" to get worked out. What do you all think???? Thanks for all the help.

Always new bugs with new models, depending on how much you like the 09 and if there are any "new" problems that Harley is selling for 09 :D

Each year lately has it's own distinct problems built in. When will the company learn that if it works, then keep the design.

Always new bugs with new models, depending on how much you like the 09 and if there are any "new" problems that Harley is selling for 09 :D

Each year lately has it's own distinct problems built in. When will the company learn that if it works, then keep the design.

Yea they change the exhaust on them THEN add heat deflectors as standard equip.!!!!!? :small3d026:

Really can't figure the bean counters out at the company. Why spend all the time "improving" something when there wasn't anything wrong with it to begin with in most cases.

Yeah, but they took care of the wobble!

Sure of that? :D

New and improved frame..........OH BOY! :D

Hope it's better than the new and improved 6 speed and the new cranks in the 96 engines, not to mention the fuel filters and neutral switches, did I mention they are new too? :D

What about the new regulators that were hitting the fenders?:D

I especially like the new HK radios too :D

I could go on all night here :newsmile058:

That's why I tore up the survey they sent me.

I guess look at what I can do with the bike and not what is wrong with the bike. New or old, not much you can do if it breaks, just comes down to who is gonna pay for it. Just get as much warranty as you can get and enjoy. I say this and I sold my 03 waiting on an 09 to show up at the Dealer. So I say go for the 09.

If you can afford it now, don't wait - buy the 2009. Like everyone said, chances are pretty good that SOMETHING will pop up on the 2009's but that's what your warranty is for. Besides, the good folks on here will probably come up with a solution before the MOCO does! Wait for next year's models and you're just waiting for next year's problems.

+1.....maybe. I did decide to go with an '08. I don't like the rerouted exhaust pipe near the oil pan. I was able to sort the high idle and harsh shifting in about a thousand miles. There was nothing left to adjust so I put grease in the steering stem, called it serviced and am a happy new owner.
flhrrider

Back