free website stats program Brothers Goldwing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brothers Goldwing

There is a spell checker thread the illustrious Glider put up that puts a nice little ABC icon that is slick a fresh drop of V-Twin 100% Synthetic earl opps oil!

http://www.hdtimeline.com/computer_corner/13226-ie_spell_check.html

Goldwings, BMW's and others really cannot find a "BAD" motorcycle, just one that are distinctive and unique in their own right. A pretty gal would look good on any one of them...but the HD rider still will be the bad boy on the block "--that gets the gal"...LOL!

Last edited:
Didn't buy it to go fast, Lots of bikes faster than Harleys. Its not about speed....... and their still not a Harley. :p

I have an 05 Goldwing and an 09 Road Glide. The Goldwing can blow the doors off the Road Glide but I find myself riding the Road Glide more than the Goldwing. The Road Glide is just more fun to ride, sounds more like a motorcycle should, and has the whole history/culture thing going for it.

I made the mistake of inviting my friend to ride my Wing. He rides an 05 Ultra-Classic. He was amazed at the power, the smoothness, the handling and the speed. He told me that he wished he had bought a Wing instead of his UC. However, he then told me that he won't be giving up his UC since he would have to cover up his Harley tattoos whenever he went for a ride.

"Couch Rocket",, don't think I've heard that before:laugh:laugh
When I was shopping for a touring bike (1+ year process), I looked at and rode a couple of G.W.'s. I was pretty impressed with a lot of things about them, and tried VERY hard to love them. Nice looks, good fit and finish etc. but I just felt no emotion. I also looked at and rode other touring bikes, and knew I was gonna end up with another Harley. Made shopping easier.:newsmile011:

How does a V-Rod compare to a commensurately sized GW? I'm wondering about HD introducing a V-Rod bagger to the line-up in the future...

Enjoy,
Rich P

We have a saying here, whether it be golf or riding the bikes, its not how good you do, its how good you look doing it. The mean spirited woman I live with rides a Honda and she claims that she rides a Honda so that I have a ride home when the Harley breaks down. I live in fear.

I have both, a 2001 Goldwing GL1800 and a 2008 Road King.

We use the Goldwing for long trips. It is comfortable and wife loves the "lazyboy" rear seat with arm rests and cup holder...lol.

We use the Road King for around town and shorter trips.

As comfortable as the Goldwing is, we enjoy the Harley more. I enjoy both bikes, but if i could only have one, it would be the Road King :bigsmiley11:

i have harley for pleasire ride looking at englands beautifull country side going no where fast but loving it.
i have a tuned 1200 suzuki bandit for every day work and going very fast and it is fast,handles like its on rails and has brakes like hitting a wall.
but each bike does its job well and complements the other .
AND YES IM GREEDY,BUT HAPPY

Back