free website stats program Broken exhaust bracket | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken exhaust bracket

As far as the sound of them goes, pull the baffles out during this down time and look at them. My guess is the previous owner may have wrapped them with fiberglass cloth to quieten them. If so then simply remove it. If not the order some new baffles from Big City Thunder Baffles.

Big City Thunder - Are You Baffled?

I've pulled the baffles out and there is nothing wrapped around them and they are the original baffles. I actually cut an inch off thinking that would help a little which it did but not much. I'm afraid to cut off anymore because I want to maintain back pressure.

OOPPPSS! I accidentally hit submit before I was actually finished with my comment. I also wanted to add that I have heard of big city and have considered purchasing them but was afraid they wouldn't be much louder than I have now. Does anybody have actual experience with these baffles and would you recomend them?

Is it possible to post up some pix...? Have to say that many exhaust systems have "trick" mounting techniques regarding assembly sequence and torque specs, as well as design i.e. slip fit couplings, isolation bushings or vibration-rugged clamps and such...just thinking out loud.:newsmile091:

If I think about my camera next time I'm in my garage I will post some. Trouble is I always forget about my camera!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back