free website stats program Broke on vacation please help fast!! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Broke on vacation please help fast!!

I'm still scratching my head why Dave had his Laptop with him while on Vacation.! Isn't that the stuff your suppose to be taking a vacation FROM?:D

Mine's always with me with the air card. It saved me from getting wet
on my trip last month. Checked radar when I stopped and knew to put
on the rain suit .. it was going to be nasty ahead.

RT

I don’t know where Dave was on his trip, or where Hoople is located, but that was absolutely fascinating watching this cyber-repair in almost real time. My compliments Hoople! You are obviously an electrical genius and Dave is obviously smart enough to comprehend and follow the great advice you gave him. Had I been in that situation, I’m not sure I wouldn’t have had to resort to my towing insurance. A great job and very comforting to see so many knowledgeable HDT members willing to assists a stranded brother in need.

I'm still scratching my head why Dave had his Laptop with him while on Vacation.! Isn't that the stuff your suppose to be taking a vacation FROM?:D

A laptop in the saddlebag, that's the "HD Talking Toolkit". Help is just a few clicks away.:18:

very good read, nice troubleshooting! when i read the topic "broke on vacation" i thought he was asking for money. I asked myself "why didnt i think of that?" lol j/k ..well done.

A round of applause for everyone involved, from Dave being able to give enough information and to be savey enough to understand the solution. For Hoople et. al. for being able to get to the bottom of the problem and formulate a plan to solve the issue at hand. See the hill-Take the hill. Never say die. Great read too.

Believe it or not in the time I have been doing this, the biggest problem is not getting sufficient information out of the poster to correctly diagnose the issue. Dave was spot on with his input, and Hoople is always spot on. :s

Great job guys!

As always, the members were fantastic. Hoople that was so impressive. I once again am proud to be associated.

Ok, now that I have some time I will answer some of the questions you guys asked. lol First off my father inlaw, my brother inlaw, acouple buddies (all riding Harleys) and my wife and kids and theirs, decided to go to the Black Hills this year. My father inlaws bike is the one with the problem.
We had the laptop cause my wife thought it would be a good idea to bring it because our hotel offered free wifi. (I agree 100%)
Now after doing some testing thismorning, the starter button I'm pretty sure is fed from the kill switch. The kill switch wire (switched side ofcourse) goes back down to the plugs between the risers. From there it changes to two wires, one going down under the fuel tank, and one going back up to starter button. This explains how the coil only is affected. HOOPLE I owe you big man! Thank you very much!!!! Thanks to all who support this site!!
Dave

Imagine calling a dealer and getting someone to help like this? :bigsmiley20:

Congrats to all who helped him. It was such a good feeling to follow the thread thru to the end. What a great group here!

A buddy of mine bought a netbook just to throw in his saddlebag. We've used that little thing for everything from finding a gas station, motel reservations, weather reports, even a emergency clinic once. I'm definitely going to set it up with this forum in his favorites, even though he doesn't ride a Harley.

A laptop, a cell phone, and the RAG are some good tools to have with you.

Back