free website stats program Bro bought new vulcan nomad1600 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bro bought new vulcan nomad1600

My first big bike was in 1974, it was a 750 Kawa and it seemed I found the fastest ride on earth. My next big bike was a 750 Honda, than a vtx 1300. Well I still needed more so I got a Goldwing and thought I needed nothing else. I was so wrong. We went on a 5 state trip, 4 Goldwings and 1 Harley, a 98 Road King. Every big city we went through we stopped at a Harley dealer and every time I felt like something was still missing. When we got back to Calif. I sold my Goldwing and got my first Harley. I have to say that even though the Goldwing is a fine machine I have found my thrill and it is riding my Road Glide.

YOUR BRO bought what HE wanted .Why can't you just be happy for him and his pride in his new ride?

Umm, Steve, never said I wasn't happy for him. Gentle ribbing and joking is all, sorry if you misunderstood.

I've had two Kawasakis, a '99 Vulcan Classic and an '02 Nomad and both were very nice bikes. Good quality, ultra reliable and handsome. The FLTCHUI '07 I now ride was actually my 3rd choice for my big touring bike. First was the BMW 1200LT then the Goldwing but neither fit very well. I do enjoy my Ultra but putting down other very decent rides doesn't make a Harley any better. It just makes the rider more superficial.

Luke

I like the LT's very much! If I was in the market for a new bike for cruising the highways, that would be it!

And couldn't agree more with your comment about "putting down other very decent rides". The Harley "Cult of Personality" is very strong on this forum. And sometimes it shows just how one-sided and narrow minded some Harley riders can be... But the same is true some non-Halrey forums.

Back