free website stats program Bro bought new vulcan nomad1600 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bro bought new vulcan nomad1600

Mavagrand

My bro been looking for a bike for awhile. wanted to go used for the value, we looked for six mos or more, he couldn't find one he wanted. He called me last week while I was on vacation, told me he just spent 13,000 on a new vulcan nomad 1600, he held the phone up to the bike and revved it up all proud. You know it started....i asked him if he bought a sewing maching...LOL. Anyway he has two tone blue/silver with windshield and saddle bags..he certainly loves that thing. we did a 1.5 hour ride yesterday he got off bike and immediately started wiping down front. I just laughed. I ride an 08 EGC and don't baby her like that. Anyway, we traded bikes during the ride out of curiosity...I'm happy to report his bike did not impress me. Didn't have any more noticeable power, rode worse, steering was more difficult and the parts just felt inferior...not a bad bike, I know it is bullet proof but certain things looked cheap..master cylinder looked like brushed aluminum of poor quality. also the tank was bigger than my 6gal tank but held less fuel 5.3. His comment about mine was it rode better than his, seemed sportier and more solid. thought that was decent of him to be honest.

Congrats to your bro on his ride. At least he has his knees in the breeze, even if it's on a ricer. Very decent of him to compliment the superior bike (HD). sometimes we have to make sacrifices and he did in order to get a dependable bike to ride. If you want to mess with him, take a small bad of rice riding with you the next time and when he parks and goes away from the bike, sprinkle a small amount under his bike on the ground. When he comes back, tell him he's leaking. Seriously, I hope he has many enjoyable miles riding. He'll eventually end up on HD.

Bubba

I must add, my first two rides were Kawasakis. A '99 Vulcan Classic followed by an '02 Nomad. Both were fine rides, extremely reliable and nicely finished. My '07 FLTCHU was my third choice following a BMW 1200LT and Goldwing. Both the latter "just didn't fit". I like my Harley alot but putting down others don't make it any better. Few bikes on the road today deserve all the macho crap thrown on them. Should I buy another bike, I'll seriously reconsider the BMW. Live to ride and let live!

Luke

This was a funny post because it almost seemed you were describing me and my brother. We've both rode bikes for years but never together. About 6 years ago, I bought a Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe (now called Star). Called my brother and let him hear the bike over the phone, he laughed at me. I finally broke down and bought a Harley Electra Glide Classic back in Nov 06. I'll never go back to metrics and just bought an 09 Ultra, what a machine! My brother and I love talking about bikes and we love riding together.

True, it doesn't matter what you ride, just that you ride. However, riding a Harley sure makes it fun!

I just came from a Honda VTX1300. Although a very good bike, I always wanted a Harley. We still have the VTX, my wife is riding it. The thing I noticed about my 08 Street Glide is the way it handles and manuevers. The HD is much easier to navigate parking lots etc. It fits me better and after all...It's a Harley. My wife will be in the market for a HD soon.

By the way...that VTX would walk all over my SG. But thats not the point anymore for me.

My nephew rides a 950 KTM which is just an oversized dirtbike and he is as happy as could be took it on an 1100mile road trip, now he's talking about getting something a little more comfortable for long trips but he won't give up the KTM

I've had two Kawasakis, a '99 Vulcan Classic and an '02 Nomad and both were very nice bikes. Good quality, ultra reliable and handsome. The FLTCHUI '07 I now ride was actually my 3rd choice for my big touring bike. First was the BMW 1200LT then the Goldwing but neither fit very well. I do enjoy my Ultra but putting down other very decent rides doesn't make a Harley any better. It just makes the rider more superficial.

Luke

My previous bike was an '05 Nomad. I loved the way it looked, it was much more comfortable than my previous bike ('03 Shadow) and I put about 16k on it before buying my best freind's Ultra. I really bought the Ultra because my buddy was dying of cancer, and needed the cash. But I enjoy riding the HD much more than the Nomad. It is much easier to handle everywhere - especially pushing it around in the garage - and tons more comfortable. My wife can ride much longer on the Ultra than the Nomad. That being said, there is nothing wrong with the Nomad. I hope you and your brother enjoy many long rides together!

Back