free website stats program Breather bolt woes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Breather bolt woes

The more you ride it without repairing it the more filings you get in the oil and the threaded area could be damaged even more.

i am also wondering if I dont get to this for a week or so do I run the risk of doiing any damage to the bike...we have a newborn and time is hard to come by and have a short 600 mile ride planned for the end of this week...like I stated earlier the air cleaner is goiing no where. Thanks again Red.

I never looked close enough at Your Product :bigsmiley31: BUT IF a good grade of Aluminum, a First Notch welding shop would do the needed trick, Filling the hole Then drill and re-tap original size.

These darn aluminum back plates seem to give one or Two of us a problem from time to time.. arlen ness problems to thin in areas on mine...:newsmile08:

signed....BUBBIE

RE reading your first post, I mss understood where your problem WAS..

a heli coil kit if properly installed will last forever no more than you should be taking the breather off. After you drill for the helicoil, spray it out with brake cleaner, blow that out with compressed air, lightly coat the helicoil with red loctite and put it in and leave that sit for 24 hrs before putting your bolt in. that whole process should take about 15-20 min.

I have found Keen serts to be a better product than Heli coils, especially in aluminum... seem to hold up better under frequent use (bolt remove/install) easier to work with as well.

Back