free website stats program Blue tooth | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Blue tooth

Bluetooth and wireless operation is a very good thing. Yes, motorcyclist faces sensory overload, so wireless phone operation is not recommended, as research has already found "charged" conversation are MUCH more distracting than simply listening, even handsfree/speakerphone/earphone.

Personally I am all for technology, but it is taking a serious amount of caution and forethought before I even consider adding a sound system to my Sportster. My GPS is the only accessory I use "on the bar", but do not use graphics, sound is "just" enough for in town low speed use only due to wind noise.

I'm fairly new to this site also, but member on many camero sites. the sites are to be used to get diff opinions on everything imaginabe, but as always, opinions are like (EDIT) , every one has one. And its up to the opening poster to pick out what is given

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

And as far as I can tell none of the opinions were quite as strong as yours.

Bodeen

Thanks to all who replied ALL make very valid points and sugestions for this I thank you --- just one question that I have for some replys --- what is the difference between CB radios on a bike--- and a voice activated phone communications---NOT trying to start an argument --- I am NEW to this site I HOPE I did not upset anyone :hii

Good point. As long as the dialog is kept respectful we don't get upset.:60:

In Florida there is a push to outlaw texting while driving since studies prove it causes more accidents that drunk driving.
However I don't see how they will implement such a law without just outlawing the use of phones while driving. I mean dialing a number looks like texting to cop on the corner doesn't it ?

I personally don't care if they do outlaw phones while driving, just to be honest. I still (carefully, never in dense traffic) use my phone in my truck (never on my bike) and it is a convenience. For people who work away from the office it has become a necessity. If anything business lobbyists will probably vote against banning phones while driving.

I'm not the paranoid Big Brother is Watching type anymore. Just whatever works is what I like. The world is becoming complex and it will either be survival of the fittest or survival of the practical. Besides the real Big Brother will find ways to watch anyhow.

I can tell you this, I have had only one accident in the past 40yrs that was my fault (discounting the guy that T boned me at a red lite in 1996, that was his fault). And that one accident that was my fault was caused by me looking down at my cell phone trying to dial my wife to ask her if there was anything she wanted me to pick at the store on the way home from work. Fortunately I was only going 25 mph and when I looked up I slammed on brakes for a short period before I slammed into the back of this guys truck. Nobody was hurt thankfully. I had to buy him a new bumper. Did $1500 damage to the front of my truck. His high mounted trailer hitch went right thru my radiator and the rest of my front end parts were no match for his bumper
Yes phones are dangerous while driving, if you use one, treat the whole scenario with more respect. I do now. And I would not complain if they did outlaw phones while driving. It's just plain practical sense. (And no I don't believe guns should be outlawed, guns don't kill people, people kill people. But I wouldn't advise shooting a gun while talking on the phone). And it amazes me how the ACLU can say traffic lite cameras are an invasion of privacy when it's at a public intersection, but yet they will also say that wacko demonstrators have the right of free speech to show disrespectful posters at our military soldier's private funeral. A private place for family and friends to pay last respects. Absolutely amazing. Thank God for Patriot Riders.
That's my 2 cents worth...R_W_B

Back