free website stats program Blue Ridge pkway | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Blue Ridge pkway

Little Switzerland Inn is a nice spot to base out of, or spend the night. From Little Switzerland, you can go to Grandfather Mountain, which is a pretty nice ride. They filmed part of Forrest Gump, where hanks was running up a mountain, on that mountain.

Be sure to go atop Mt. Mitchell. IIRC, it's the tallest spot this side of the Mississippi. There's a restaurant up there, altho I haven't tried it. From my old Wing forum days, there was a rider who requested his ashes be spread out atop that mountain, of which a few fellas did for him. So you may hear some spirits whispering at you. Last time I was there, there was fog rolling across that mountain top, which was pretty kewl.

Hey I agree with Trvlr, be sure and stop by Mount Mitchel State Park. It is the highest peak east of the Mississippi. I have eaten at the restaurant and the food is pretty good, the views and atmosphere there are fantastic. A short walk takes you to a viewing tower on the very peak of the mountain. Prepare for the weather. I have had to stop and put on a jacket and chaps in July.

Attachments

• DSCN0057.jpg
    DSCN0057.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0053.jpg
    DSCN0053.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 14
Back