free website stats program Bike wont start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike wont start

Have you checked the fuses?
Especially check the fuse marked IGN (ignition fuse) and make sure it is good. If OK, go to the coil and disconnect the 4 pin connector. Terminal A & B should each have a yellow/green wire going to them. If No, report back. If yes, continue.
Turn on the ignition. Place the Run/Kill switch in the RUN position.
Do you now read 12 volts DC on both connector A and B of the coil wire harness plug. If Yes, report back. If No, continue.

If No, turn off ignition & pull the system relay (view legend on fuse cover to locate). Look closely at the bottom of the relay. You will see the pins are marked as 86, 85, 30, 87A & 87. Mentally xfer that image to the receptacle. That is, identify which receptacle socket is 86, 85, 30, 87A & 87.

Leave the relay unplugged. Turn ignition switch ON, Place run/kill switch in the RUN position. Take a quality meter and measure the DC voltage between pin 86 of the system relay and frame ground. Do you read 12 volts? If No, report back. If yes, replace the system relay & see what happens.

Do you now read 12 volts DC on both connector A and B of the coil wire harness plug.

I reread my post and want to clarify above statement.

Both terminal A and terminal B of the wiring harness connector should measure 12 volts to frame ground. (Not to each other)

p 261 front injector open.low
p 263 rear injector open/low as per '09 elec. diagnostic manual pg. 4-95
check ECM FUSE and system relay failure or wireing harness problems will
cuuse 12 volt power to be lost to both fuel injectors,ign coils and fuel pump.
if its wireing " connect a break-out box P?N hd-48637 between efi wire harness and ecm. ck this site and triketalk.com or h-d talking.com somebody
shows you how to make a break-out box.
p 373 is CKP SENSOR SIGNAL IS WEAK OR UN DETECTED. NOTE ENGINE MUST BE CRANKED OVER FOR MORE THAN 5 SEC. (W/O A SIGNAL) TO SET A DTC.DIAGNOSTIC NOTE
1. CONNECT BVREAK-OUT BOX to ECM "ONLY"9lEAVE ecm disconnected.
2. one megaohm is very high resistance Some meters resd OL. pg. 4-102
po113 tmap sensoropen/highi don't show p1003 code.
recheck and post for me to look up.

from '09 t/g elec diagnostic manual p/n 99497-09
P 261 is front injectors open/low. p263 is rear injector is open/low. note check ECM fuse and system relays wireing harness failures will cause 12 volt power loss to both injectors, coils anf fuel pump.pg. 4-95
p373 pg. 4-102 idCKP SENSOR signal is weak or absent. engine must be cranked over for more than 5 sec,. (with signal absent ) to set code. use break-out box
ck this site and triketalk.com or v-twin.com someone has made a break-out box.
i don't show a p1003 code
p2102 is TAC MOTOR CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH. FIX USE BREAK-OUT BOX FOR WIREING CK FOR ecm
SORRY COMPUTER ERROR ha!!

Back