free website stats program Bike too quiet | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike too quiet

adamk

I've got an 2000 883 with a K&N intake and Screamin' Eagle II pipes.

It's just a bit too quiet for me. I don't want to be super obnoxious, but I definitely want the bike a bit louder.

I've heard rumors that the Cycle Shack slashcut slip ons are identical to the original Screamin' Eagle pipes. Is that true?

Is that the best choice for a reasonably priced upgrade to something a bit louder?

Thanks,
-A

Baffles aside. Generally the shorter the pipes the louder they get.

I have Cobra Speedster shorts.
SBwetrear2shot.jpg

Actually fairly long for "shorts".
They are loud and sound mean on my Dyna.

Vance and Hines also make great pipes similar to these.

I don't know about identical but I think they look alike. They're pretty loud, but I've never personally heard them on an 883, but they sound good on twinkies and sound really good on Shovels.

Cycle Shack was the manuafacturer for the SE II's until recently. I have a set on an '07 1200 Sporty and love the sound. Definitely gets attention when you crank it on.

My wife is complaining that our 09 FLHR with V&H Monster Ovals is too quiet. She likes the sound of the Cycle Shacks. (Look for a nearly new set of Monster Ovals coming onto the market in the early Spring! :) )

I've heard rumors that the Cycle Shack slashcut slip ons are identical to the original Screamin' Eagle pipes. Is that true?

Is that the best choice for a reasonably priced upgrade to something a bit louder?

Thanks,
-A

Cycle Shack is almost identical to SE II, they are just skinnier, they both look the same but again, the CS are skinnier and yes, the CS pipe are louder, I think they both have the same tone but CS is louder.

I removed my CS and replace them with SEII for a little quieter. Rush also have very close to the same tone as SEII but also louder than SEII and are about the same or little quieter than CS.

I had the dealer put on the SE mufflers, they tried to get me to buy the rush mufflers because they look the same and are cheaper but they were slightly louder than the SE's. If the SE's are to quiet for you try to find a bike with Rush pipes to listen to.

The Rush pipes seem to be about $100 more than the Cycle Shack. Anyone know the difference between the two?

And, also, does anyone know where I can find Cycle Shack slip-ons for a pre-2004 sportster?

The only different between the two are one (Rush) shielded on the pipes and other is not. The CS pipes are just pipes(skinnier) with baffles, the Rush are pipes with shield(fatter) just like the SEII with baffles.

Back