free website stats program Bike Lift | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift

That's the one I have. Works good so far but lowers a little faster than I like. Pretty much use to in now.

Try this for the fast lowering problem. Press the lower pedal down hard all the way, this should lower it slower. Sounds weird but try it. If you press it lightly and not all the way. That will lower the bike quick. (If it is the jack i am thinking of.) Backwards, but they do put warnings on the box and the jack.

Press the lower pedal down hard all the way, this should lower it slower. Sounds weird but try it. If you press it lightly and not all the way. That will lower the bike quick. (If it is the jack i am thinking of.) Backwards, but they do put warnings on the box and the jack.

Yep, my yellow jack did that. I always wondered why anyone would design something that way.

I have to admit that the JS Jack is nice, the difference in the price is the new LED tailight that I have been looking at. :eam

Actually I don't know what the BAL-1 is. i was looking at the Tri Bar LED from Harley part #69817-07A

Oh OK. I thought you were talking about those blinding LED stop/tail lights. They are great. There like $200 for the BAL-1 & $425 for the BAL-2.

Yep I can imagine what that Tri Bar LED sells for. Easily what a J&S jack costs.:p

Even with the Dyna blocks it wobbles?

Yes, the blocks are just to stop the jack from pressing on the oil tank and provide a little space, they do not provide any stabilization.

The wobbling only happens if to walk up and press on the front or rear, or when you are taking the bolts of either. When I did my wheels, the bike was strapped down and it wobbled quite a bit loosening up the nut on the back tire, but came off no problem. I have gotten on the bike with it jacked up. It is sturdy, you just have to deal with the wobble, unless you want to pay 400+ for a jack. In my mind the 200 spent on the yellow was perfect for what I do. So far I have used it for the basic oil changes (all 3, although I actually prefer it on the ground for these), forward controls, front and rear tire removal, wide tire kit, and standard winter storage (yes, slightly jacked up all winter.

Back