free website stats program Bike Lift | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift

If you buy a cheap jack for your expensive Harley you are making a mistake. Always buy quality first. Buy a Pitbull or J&S jack and be done with it. If you can buy a jack for $70 then the cost is probably 8-10 dollars. I don't want my $20,000 bike on a jack built by the lowest bidder! I have a Pitbull myself and have modified it to fit my Softail so I don't have to use those bogus frame protectors. Those are a waste of time and money.

Harbor Freight $99 yellow one work well and at a reasonable cost...they even have a 20% off coupon which can
save $20 or so off the $69.99 sale price...BTW that free black mini aluminum 9 LED flashlight works great too...!

DSCN0825-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of those items that it is worth spending a bit more money to get the right one for your ride. I am not bashing any brand, but if it does not fit your scooter, than it is no good at any price. Hoop apparently can attest to this!:s

Sems the J&S website is no longer valid??
www.jsjacks.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use the Harbor Freight jack. It does what I need it to. I even drag it out into the driveway when I wash bike. On the concrete floor in the shop I can move bike around on it also use as a turn table to rotate bike 180 when all the way in shop.

While it is not a commercial grade jack it does anything I need it to do. When bike is parked for more than a few days the jack has held it for weeks at a time.

Best part of jack is getting bike in air and use my milk stool on wheels to scoot around it thinkering or polishing.

No adapter for the Heritage. Can lift forward enough to change all 3 oils at same time with out draining oil thru jack.

My safe not quite that full. But I really like the photo. I do have more ammo than that.

I have the sears yellow and have left it sitting on lift with the HD Dyna blocks on it as well. It wobbles, but is not an issue. All winter I keep it on the lift and had it up there for a few weeks while I worked on the forward controls.

You just get used to it, put the tie down straps on it and leave it alone.

This is one of those items that it is worth spending a bit more money to get the right one for your ride. I am not bashing any brand, but if it does not fit your scooter, than it is no good at any price. Hoop apparently can attest to this!:s

Sems the J&S website is no longer valid??
www.jsjacks.com

Looks like the website is working again. I just tried it. I was worried they might have gone out of business. :yes

Back