free website stats program Bike just shuts down at 90mph | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike just shuts down at 90mph

First of all i'd just like to say thanx to everyone for the tips. Secondly I waw in 6th gear when this happened no codes thrown called dealer as soon as i got home and in typical dealerspeak it could be 1000 things which is actually probably true. WEll my bike is still under extended service contract but who even knows what that covers lol. Anyhow it's going to the dealer for some work next week hopefully they can isolate the problem and fix it.

Well it looks like newhd74 fan hit it on the head. The dealership got a hold of my scoot this am and after checking a few different things decided to pull the gas tank and presto there was a bunch of debris in the gas funnny because now that i remmember on one of my previous rides i got low on gas and while I usually only use sunoco ultra becuse of the situation (did'nt keep my eye on my ever shortening fuel supply) i was forced to stop in some generic brand gas station and refuel. I really should start planing ahead. Once again thanx to everyone who tried to help out.
ps.I don't usually drive the gsp at that speed especially during rush hour but it was the first nice day since the rash of snow storm became an almost every day experience here in nj true no excuse but that's the best i got. thanx again everyone

Back