free website stats program Bike cover on Ultra with tall radio/cb antenna's | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike cover on Ultra with tall radio/cb antenna's

I just bend mine forward, place the little ball ends in the gap where the driver backrest goes. I always cross them, left antenna to the right side and right antenna to the left. This will put a nice curve into the antennas and does no harm. It also holds the cover off the bike and helps water drain from the cover. I think if you remove your CB antenna with the allen screw it messes up your reception. I have been doing this way for 9 years not and no problems.

I appreciate the tips gentlemen - love this place.

To Hobbit's point, yep they unscrew but there is an allen screw at the base on the CB antenna, that you have to loosen before unscrewing. But yes, it does unscrew.

And to your point trickydoc - I just unscrewed and removed that CB antenna. Yet to use the CB, so wouldn't be able to tell if any worse for wear or not on reception. But like your idea.

Thank you folks. I think I have what I need - much obliged.

First thing I did was replace mine with shorty's, hated the long ones. Then put on the cover with no antennas and cut a hole where each would go. Sewed around the holes to prevent tearing. Works great!

Lilman

I purchased a Dowco cover for my UC. There are two plastic grommets at the bottom of the cover. I believe they are supposed to be used for slipping a cable through to lock the cover together at the bottom to slow down an easy theft. These grommets are two-piece, snap together plastic with an ID of about 1 inch. I just popped these off the bottom and installed them in the appropriate location for the antennas. The plastic is safe on the antennas and sturdy to prevent wear. I think it is nice because it really slides easily down the antennas when you go to put the cover on. Plus, Dowco covers are fairly cheap in my opinion.

I placed a couple of zip ties on the passenger hand strap one on each side and bend over the antennas and the end balls catch on the zip tie and stay in place. Been working for me.

Back