free website stats program BEWARE THE HARLEY BRAKE RECALL SCAM | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

BEWARE THE HARLEY BRAKE RECALL SCAM

This has been a pretty good discussion. I have replaced a module on a 2012 FLHTK for a friend due to no front brake. When pulled it had zero pull, thus no brake. As I understand the recall it was on item #11 of the attached pic. Item #8 is the module. Now when disassembled there is no fluid connection between the 2 items, only the wire pin connection. It's hard for me to see how bad fluid could cause the electronic module to go bad because of fluid migration when there really isn't any path.
Not saying it can't happen but hard to believe. I'm not taking sides with anyone, all have made good points.
Just my 2 cents worth.

tourbox

If dot 4 is soooooooo bad why not make a system that uses one of the other fluids? Sounds pretty simple.
coppernicus: impeccable logic as always.

To his credit, "censor of public morals" has given some calm, details (correct or not) on his original post, and our replies. I for one like to see good discussions on forums, so I retract my "Harley bashing Troll" accusation.

Breeze3at: I thank you for the retraction and congratulate you for demonstrating your good character: "...It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back