free website stats program Better half takes first step | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Better half takes first step

Well, I took her out Saturday to a parking lot, set up the cones, and did a little home school MSF. After her initial nervousness, she got out there and did a great job! Sunday, after our chapter ride, we came home and she took it out on the local streets (with me providing cover from the rear on the RK.) She had a great time and was really confident. And, she's already talking about more power! LOL

BTW, trailing her is a great way to practice slow riding skills on the RK, LOL. The scoot tops out at about 28 mph.

My wife sucssesfully completed the MSF course yesterday! Need to find her a bike now.

Congrats!

Too bad you're not closer, or you good get her an '07 XL1200C that is about to go up for sale!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife loves to ride, and refuses to be a passenger. She's on a Honda now, and I'm slowly trying to convince her to get a Harley. We took the MSF course together a couple of years ago, and the course actually incrased her fear of riding. (Too many things to think about.) That lasted about 2 weeks, until we got a bike for her to start riding on. Now, if I let her lead I can hardly keep up. She knows 2 speeds, full throttle, and stop.

She rides a Honda right now, but I'm trying to convince her a Harley would be worth the expense. The only thing that keeps her off my Street Glide is I park it where she has to roll it backwards down the driveway to get it out, and she's afraid she might drop it. :D

Congrats and it's great she wants to ride. We hear it all the time " I wish my wife would even want to be on the back let alone ride her own". Guys: Let's not take motorcycles and our testosterone for granted. When given the proper coaching and time in the saddle, it is the perfect confidance builder for them and man can they ride.

Congrats to her on taking the first step.

But for me and no offense to anyone, but I would never ride with my wife. I love her more than anything, except for the Harley (joke) and we enjoy doing lots of things together, but when I ride, I ride to get away from things and clear my head and she knows that. She goes to the beach and to the spa and does her nail thing and this is what I do to relax.

Had to respond to Irish Hog... I generally much prefer to have my wife riding with me. And, when I have a long drive in the car, I want her with me. And, when I go scuba diving, I want her under the water with me. And, when I'm hanging around the house I want her with me. You get the drift...

Married 9 years and still newlyweds. She's my best friend!!

Had to respond to Irish Hog... I generally much prefer to have my wife riding with me. And, when I have a long drive in the car, I want her with me. And, when I go scuba diving, I want her under the water with me. And, when I'm hanging around the house I want her with me. You get the drift...

Married 9 years and still newlyweds. She's my best friend!!
I was not insulting you, I did congratulate her in the very first sentence.

My wife is my best friend and I do everything with her, we just got back from a diving trip last month ourselves. All I said that I just don't want my wife riding with me and one of the top reasons among many is that I would be afraid that she would get hurt. Don't take it personal..

Isn't it funny, but I was a little nervous for my gal to when she was taking up riding, and am torn like Sharkey and Irish...she rode well, but was not as "tactics centered" or mindfully focused as I am of such things that happen while on the road.

In a way I am glad she made her decision to go smaller because SHE made that decision, as she felt her skills and physical prowess were starting to wane. I just hope I have the same sense of clarity to know when this happens...hopefully in about 15 years or so...!

So nice to hear about these women experiencing riding themselves. I am thrilled to hear about the support they are receiving from their significant others. My husband supports me completely and has bought me two bikes in the past 2 years. I am a little different in that I like to ride my own AND ride on the back - depending on the day and mood.

Back