free website stats program best way to clean dyna rim | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

best way to clean dyna rim

whoa..nice posting!

@noble
share here when u've solved the problem. coz i still havent found a good stuff that can take stain off the front forks...
they're not crhome..but i think they're polished aluminum w/ clear coating..

tobaman,
i would give the simichrome a shot, its not just for chrome, its for all metals....i used it on an aluminum hub for a spoked wheel i was building and it made it look better than it did when it was new

umm.. okay
these are the spots i was talking about.
dscn5995.jpg

it started from small dots.

umm.. okay
these are the spots i was talking about.
dscn5995.jpg

it started from small dots.
==========================
Tobaman; That what my '92 Dyna forks looked like before I fixed them. My forks were clear coated, not powder coated. I think yours are the same, because powder coat wouldn't do that. I removed my front wheel and fender and applied paint remover (I used "Dads" aircraft). The coating just bubbled up and fell off. A good wash/rinse and they looked better. Then I sanded them down with progressively finer wet/dry until 1200 grit, then used Mothers Mag & Alum. polish. They look 80% as good as chrome, and only require a good polish every season. It's not a quick or easy job, but I am happy with the results. The att. pic is of them today, they haven't been polished in a year, and need it, but still look ok. Bad camera angle, the chrome seal covers even look dull, they are not. OR you could go for chromed lower$.

Attachments

• air box & dyna forks 010.jpg
    air box & dyna forks 010.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 32
  • air box & dyna forks 011.jpg
    air box & dyna forks 011.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I found some Flitz metal polish in the Haz-Mat shed at work, I made sure to read it first, says it is safe on chrome, tried it on an extra part i had laying around, worked great!
Flitz if you want to know more about it....

Good luck!

breez3eat

actually those forks are on my dad's rk, got a bit on his 07 ultra too. fortunately none on my 04fxdx.

good info! your forks look clean!

Back