free website stats program best way to clean dyna rim | Harley Davidson Forums

best way to clean dyna rim

noble

Account Removed
I have a 07 fxd rims have been really neglected by last owner,when i bought bike rims were black and rear rim is pitted. Well after lots of work front looks like new but with a shine,rear looks better but cant get pits clean.

I have always had good results ,when trying to clean lightly pitted chrome with Just plain old Tinfoil ,Old trick but does wonders , I just wrap some tinfoil on a old toothbrush and go to work, Now to keep the chrome from getting weathered or dirty ,I found a good product to use for wheels/spokes /chrome for winter storage is a product witch is called Chrome Guard ,just spray it on and it leaves a very nice clear protectent shield ,I use this on all chrome for storage and use it on my bikes with spokes once or twice a year it holds up well and seals the spokes and nipples nicley and protects a long time being it holds is properties even through washes its designed for chrome protecting not like wax witch washes away.

I have always had good results ,when trying to clean lightly pitted chrome with Just plain old Tinfoil ,Old trick but does wonders , I just wrap some tinfoil on a old toothbrush and go to work, Now to keep the chrome from getting weathered or dirty ,I found a good product to use for wheels/spokes /chrome for winter storage is a product witch is called Chrome Guard ,just spray it on and it leaves a very nice clear protectent shield ,I use this on all chrome for storage and use it on my bikes with spokes once or twice a year it holds up well and seals the spokes and nipples nicley and protects a long time being it holds is properties even through washes its designed for chrome protecting not like wax witch washes away.

Using tinfoil, toothbrush AND...? Do you use a cleaner of some kind with this combo as well...? Just curious...:30:

Mmh, I would try that first on a spare part or something.. I tried buffing mine with a really soft tool once and misted the chrome.. I've learned not to do that again.. Anyway, tinfoil I would think casuses scratches..

Don't know for sure and I sure do not want to cause a fuss, but I will try this next week to check if it works.

Take care,

remember these are not chrome, aluminum i might try the foil with the harley aluminum polish

simichrome works wonders on all metals, that is usually what i use, just squeeze some onto the wheel and use a soft rag and rub it in then wipe it off.

i would think that you can get it at an auto parts store, we sell it at our shop but i dont know if all dealerships do or not. call the hd dealer in your town and ask them, if they dont have it i would think maybe a napa or something might have it.

ok good ill try it,can you buy it at autoparts store?
==================
Noble; I used Simichrome for years, nothing made that is any better. If you can't find it, try Mothers Mag & alum. polish, sold at most auto parts stores. It's almost as good, and much cheaper. Note: Mothers Billet polish is different, and costs more, probably good stuff though.

Back