free website stats program Best model for tall rider | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best model for tall rider

How is the day tripper seat comfort wise? Any long rides on it? I do an hour back and forth to work and am looking to upgrade the seat, although the stock Street Bob seat is not too bad for me at 6 foot, but I would like to be moved back a little more from my highway pegs, since the bike has mid-controls.

I'm 6' 4" 240lbs. Have the same problem with riding. I bought a 2007 fxdwg with foward controls. I extend the foward controls 3". Best thing I hve done to it. Kury.. has a set of 3" extensions that took about 45 min to install worked great.. Good luck

How is the day tripper seat comfort wise? Any long rides on it? I do an hour back and forth to work and am looking to upgrade the seat, although the stock Street Bob seat is not too bad for me at 6 foot, but I would like to be moved back a little more from my highway pegs, since the bike has mid-controls.

i have ridden on it for 9 hours at a time before, and i have to say that it is a very ccomfortable seat. at first it seems kind of hard but soon you will come to appreciate the gel in the seat that keeps your butt from falling asleep. i bought it because my cousin has one on his superglide custom and had nothing but good things to say about it.

would the daytripper be a good substitute for forward controls. I am 6'2" riding a deuce with stock seat and controls but if i could just change the seat and gain 2" of leg room i would definitely be satisfied!?

would the daytripper be a good substitute for forward controls. I am 6'2" riding a deuce with stock seat and controls but if i could just change the seat and gain 2" of leg room i would definitely be satisfied!?

i dont think that it would be the worst idea, the seat off of ebay is much cheaper and does set you back. i would try it and see what you think. at the very lease you will just have a much more comfortable seat that you will be happy with.

i dont think that it would be the worst idea, the seat off of ebay is much cheaper and does set you back. i would try it and see what you think. at the very lease you will just have a much more comfortable seat that you will be happy with.
I am 6'5" and I find the Crossbones very comfortable. the seat does make me sit pretty high. I am thinking of changing the seat to a day tripper or badlander but the spring seat is actually pretty comfortable.
My last bike was a sportster so I am easy to please in the room department.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any softail or dyna with forward controls at 6 3 you can add 2 inch extentions to the forward controls and strech out

Any softail or dyna with forward controls at 6 3 you can add 2 inch extentions to the forward controls and strech out

This is true, I added the extensions before I did the seat and I was stretched out pretty good, however I wanted more to be truly comfortable so I went with the seat and the bars.

Everybody is built different, I have very long legs and arms with a short torso compared to other people of the same height so what is comfortable for me might not be for you.

Back