free website stats program Best model for tall rider | Harley Davidson Forums

Best model for tall rider

phillyjoec

What are the opinions of which bike is best for a tall rider. I'm 6'3" with long legs - whenever I sit on any model, either softail or touring, that has floorboards I just don't feel comfortable. Legs feel cramped and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to, or want to, go very far without stopping to stretch
out.
I currently have a Softail Std. with forward controls and it provides fairly ample legroom but I want to step up to something more comfortable in other ways for long trips.

Anybody have any suggestions?

For comfort you may try the touring line:
Add a tall-boy seat and highway pegs on your engine guard, that should let you stretch out.

I know what you mean. I'm 6'2. I like the crossbones because the seat is higher than anything else, yet I still am flat footed on stops. The floorboards are far enough forward that I can really stretch out without putting on highway pegs. Worth a look.....

A friend of mine who is 6'5" drives a Road Glide. He flipped the stock handlebars upwards so that they aren't so far pulled back to get a more comfortable ride. He also added highway pegs to the engine guards and removed the heel shifter for more foot room on the floorboard.

At 6'7" I can't stand floorboards. The fairings on touring bikes make me feel crowded as well. Personally, I'd just slap a touring seat and windshield on your softail with forward control extensions. Easy to strip on and off.

Brderj's right about the Crossbones, I recently took a ride on one. Seemed roomy but the elevated seat made me feel and look taller then I already am. I looked like a bear riding a tricycle at the circus.

I think you have your priorities wrong. Just pick the bike you love and then have your legs shortened! :bigsmiley12:

I didn't know the deuce was a long legged bike. Hmmm, guess that's why hubby likes mine too. I guess I'm lucky for the most part, kind of long legged & long armed. Only vertically challenged when trying to work in hubby's shop, he's 6'4" & I'm only 5'7", I have to jump to reach the air hose, climb up on the stool to turn on the stereo or look in the top of his tool box. :( But that's okay, he is pretty handy to have around. :s

Harley built the "Deuce" for you long legged guys...give it a test ride...
i am 6'3" and have an 06 Deuce, i had to get a mustang day tripper seat (moves you down 1" and backj 2.5") drag bars and foward controll extentions to be streached out at all. when it was stock, i was one uncomfortable guy.

Back