free website stats program Best lifting point on a softail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best lifting point on a softail

I overcame this by running the rear wheel up on a 2x6 I cut at a 45*. This gave my jack some extra room. Granted it was a touring bike, but still should work.
Good idea biglew55. It's eerie this post was just started as my new jack arrived yesterday:bigsmiley8: I was disappointed because it would not slide under my bike-Fatboy. I have to stand my bike upright to get the jack under. Then I wasn't sure exactly where to place it to be balanced,so I experimented around. Didn't think I had to worry about shock damage tho?

Good idea biglew55. It's eerie this post was just started as my new jack arrived yesterday:bigsmiley8: I was disappointed because it would not slide under my bike-Fatboy. I have to stand my bike upright to get the jack under. Then I wasn't sure exactly where to place it to be balanced,so I experimented around. Didn't think I had to worry about shock damage tho?
Just trying to do my part to help everyone else on the site here Eagle.....:D

Idealy the center of the jack should be at the center point of the bikes balance point.The bulk of the weight on a bike is the motor, that said, idealy you want the jack offset centered on the motor. To achieve this this shocks on a softail wont be a factor.If they are, you are too far back .I have found by cutting a couple of 2ft. by 2 ft. pieces of plywood and rolling the rear wheel onto them to make loading much easier.Once you achieve a succesfull lift a point made with a paint pen will make your next lift a little easier.

Last edited:
Back