free website stats program Best Communication System | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Communication System

No other electronics on board using helmet speakers
WAP.gif

I guess a better question for all SMH10 users is should I expect any background noise while using VOX Intercom? Since it is blue tooth and works on a frequency there most likely is some but how does one know how much is acceptable/normal?

I don't use VOX, so maybe that's why I don't hear the hiss. I hit the jog dial when I want to use the intercom.

We tap the jog dial as well. We just got ours and when we were trying them out inside the house, I could barely hear background noise. On the bike I doubt we could hear anything.

For the first time in 30 years of riding I've purchased a full face modular helmet a Gmax 54S and to my surprise, I like it. Now I'm thinking if I'm going to be a nerd let's go all the way and get a communication system as well. I'm looking at the Scala G9 Powerset. Most reviews are very good but as in all product reviews some are very bad. Confused at this point on what to buy, primary use will be passenger communication, iPad sync to music and phone. Thinking I want blue tooth but looking for input from HDTimeline on what brand and style is the best, if I'm going to do it I want the best!
WAP.gif
The best was a pop on the back of my helmet that indicates that we are going to fast. A jab in the ribs means that we...er um...I need to be more careful.
WAP.gif

Back