free website stats program Best Communication System | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Communication System

franka

For the first time in 30 years of riding I've purchased a full face modular helmet a Gmax 54S and to my surprise, I like it. Now I'm thinking if I'm going to be a nerd let's go all the way and get a communication system as well. I'm looking at the Scala G9 Powerset. Most reviews are very good but as in all product reviews some are very bad. Confused at this point on what to buy, primary use will be passenger communication, iPad sync to music and phone. Thinking I want blue tooth but looking for input from HDTimeline on what brand and style is the best, if I'm going to do it I want the best!
WAP.gif

I have used the Sena SMH-10 for the last 5 years and I am very pleased with the system. It can be used for rider/passenger and/or up to 4 bikes with about a half mile range. I can connect iPod and phone to it, but I usually just do iPod. The volume is more than sufficient and is controlled with a rotating dial which is also used to initiate intercom conversations with up to 3 other SMH10 intercoms. I would highly recommend it. Check out the SENA website, and let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer what I can for you.

Checked out the website, read quite a few customer reviews and all were extremely positive. I purchased the SMH10-11, looking forward to setting it up!

I just purchased the SMH10 dual pack. I had trouble getting one headset to work and getting one speaker on the other headset to work. I called Sena support and the nice gentleman talked me through solving the problems. He had me switch the main units on the speaker sections (shouldn't have made a difference). That got both units working, but I still couldn't hear one speaker on the set I had put in my helmet. (The other unit had not yet been installed in my husband's helmet.) The man asked me to loosen the screws on the helmet clamp. I loosened them all the way and then tightened them back snug, but didn't crank down as hard as I could (which was really, really tight). Problems solved. Now I can listen to my music on the Garmin which is interrupted by either navigation directions or by my husband speaking to me. Nice.

I have used the Sena SMH-10 for the last 5 years and I am very pleased with the system. It can be used for rider/passenger and/or up to 4 bikes with about a half mile range. I can connect iPod and phone to it, but I usually just do iPod. The volume is more than sufficient and is controlled with a rotating dial which is also used to initiate intercom conversations with up to 3 other SMH10 intercoms. I would highly recommend it. Check out the SENA website, and let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer what I can for you.

These are great my friend and I travel all over with these he uses the full face version with the earbud attachment. I wear the half helmet version and works great as well.

Masher,
I purchased the SMH10 dual set, everything installed easily, did a firmware update and factory reset. My problem is a constant background hissing when using intercom. Is this normal, does your's do this? Working with Sena techs but not resolved yet.
WAP.gif

No, I don't have that problem, franka. Do you have any other electronics on the bike that may be causing interference perhaps? Are you using the helmet speakers or earbuds?

Back