free website stats program Best Brand of Tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Brand of Tires

All right !!!. I need new tires and proir to joining this board thought the Dunlops were the way to go.

Looks like the Metzlers fit my style of riding.

I like the Avon Venoms a lot. The stock dunlops were the worst tires I have used. I got rid of them at 500 miles.
Both the front and rear tires would slide out in corners, follow any grooves in the road and were really harsh on the freeway.

the 46 has a volkswagon beetle tire in the rear and an avon up front. the sporty has avon front and back, and the glide has whatever came from the factory.when things wear out Avon is my choice except for the rear of the knuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always put on what the bike came with from the factory. (Dunlop harley tires)They wear well and have good traction. the only thing i don't like about them is the way they track on the highway when surface is uneven.

:coffee Tell ya what, Metzler uses special interlacing of the wires within the tire to greatly reduce "ballooning" at high speeds, some of their tires can be placed in very low fender/tire clearance applications and your tire will not hit the fender at high speed, or if you do a burnout, if your so inclined. Mine came with Dunlops, doing great. Check out the tread wear number printed on a potential new tire, it will be a good guide on tire wear in relation to grip so you can pick the best tire for your geographic area.

I ride all year round so I've found Metzler ME880s the best tyre for my Harley's. Just watch when you pick a tyre for a bike as heavy as a Harley that the side walls are strong enough, remember we not riding sports bikes around here.:reyes

Back