free website stats program Be Careful Out There | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Be Careful Out There

Thought that I would add that if I were under that hat, @ 3:48.5 you would have heard a loud screeching noise, followed by rather obnoxious body functions, backed up by five more minutes of obscenities that would have kept the moderators busy for several hours to bleep out!:D:p:D

That was such a close call, either or both of them could have been so easily killed. Such is, that our lives depend upon, and the price of a pair of boots means nothing.

I once took a '63 Chevy head on in a similar turn, no way out, could only tuck and roll as I went overhead. I remember seeing the seat and battery flying along side of me as I sailed along thinking "This is gonna hurt". But I got up and walked away. <Shrug> Such is Karma...

If you go to youtube and watch it , The other guy did hit the Gaurd Rail, and rode it out.. . WoW.. Thats about all I can say about the Video..

Yes, the other rider did ride the guard rail, but was okay. My buddy did say he now has leather coated intestines since that event. :p I was just glad that we could 'talk' about the close call, rather than the other option.

I know my friend went back at some point & 'talked' with the other rider. I just don't know the full details of the order of events. :s I will add that there was not real 'altercation' such as fists flying.

Had that happened to me & my husband would have seen it, (he likes to follow me) it may have been really ugly.

welcome to Venezuela

:lolrolling yea or Viet Nam (right China Mike ?)

Wow Joy when I first saw the thread I thought on no Joy's done gone and jumped another cow.

Rubyred glad you're ok, hopefully her insurance is gonna pay 100% to fix your bike.

Wow just when you thought all you had to look out for are cows in the road, you get these brainless daredevils taking blind curves like that. Only thing worse is pictures I've seen of cages doing the exact same thing and then there would be no room to go anywhere except over the side or head on.

Death is a reality of life.

Haha Dave, wasn't on this ride. Shoo, I don't know how I would have reacted......wouldn't have saw it if I was either, I ride like a grandma....oh wait, technically I am a grandma. :D Just thought it was wild that he had the camera on the helmet that day.

RR, glad you are okay. Bikes can be replaced. :s

Joy, maybe...just maybe the bloke coming towards your friend on the "correct" side of the road was a Brit, Kiwi or possibly an Aussie who momentarily forgot that you seppo's ride on the wr.....sorry, the other side of the road??????? Do you think????? :nosad

Seriously,your mate is one very lucky guy, eh?

Haha T, I told my buddy that, he didn't really like that idea. :p LOL, just really glad that he is here to talk about it. He is a young guy, pretty adventurous which is probably why I know him. :) I told him that is the problem with these young whippersnappers that live through Iraq/Afghanistan, the make it home & then think they are indestructible.

He does see his share of crazy riding, he works for a company that puts computers on cement trucks that analyze the consistency of the cement and lately he is working all over the world, lately he's been in Mexico & South America a lot. :s

I tease him too that he is always missing things because he is always fiddling with his gadgets, but now he has one on me that the gadget at least gave him proof that he wasn't exaggerating in his stories. :)

Back