free website stats program Battery Replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Replacement

You actually carry a spare battery on the bike?

Yep. Since my Newer battery won't hold a spec. charge, and my oem is 6+ yrs. old, I carry one in the saddlebag. This is just recent, and I do it because I'm hoping to find the drop dead point of one of them. What will the drop dead point prove to me? hmmm, nothing.

No, about 25 lbs of tools, compressor, flat repair, first aid, rope/bungees, etc., permanently stays in that bag. :p

And a battery was the best thing to put in the other bag to balance out the weight of the tools
Got it and I fully understand now the reason for carrying a battery :p

Brian

It's my work ride so It's out everyday for the 15 mile in the 15 mile ride home plus what little running around i do! Never felt the need for the tender before. Shop checks out the charging and is good.

Think I'll give this one a try. I'll keep you posted as we go along! Thanks!

My 03 EG had an aftermarket battery in it when i bought it in late 05. I replaced it in 07 or 08 with an Harley replacement and i expect to replace that one very soon with another Harley battery. The current price in Xenia Ohio at Buckmins D&D is $140

Back