free website stats program Battery Replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Replacement

There's lots of batteries on that website, but I assume (often regret it) you mean the Scorpion that fits an E.G. I don't remember reading any reports about Scorpion batteries. They have a decent price. Try one, then let us know if it's a good battery. I've been promoting Deka's for a while, but had one fail to take a max. charge after 18 months.

I have bought batteries from them and even got the Scorpion. But not for my bike. My battery is just now giving up and I opted for the basic OEM type here. Big Crank ETX30L Battery - Free Shipping: BatteryMart.com
But if you are only getting 2 years, something is wrong. At least I think so. Do you only ride very short distances? Or not use a battery tender? I'd first want to know why you are going through batteries so fast.

But if you are only getting 2 years, something is wrong. At least I think so. Do you only ride very short distances? Or not use a battery tender? I'd first want to know why you are going through batteries so fast.

I was thinking the same thing. Even if you use a quality battery tender, it's possible for them to go bad over time and need replacing. Have you checked out your charging system? A well maintained OEM battery should last a lot longer than 2 years.

I just now replaced my 2009 original battery. 4 years old. Always on a tender. Replaced with OEM. Hopefully it will get at least that again. I am curious to see how other batteries hold up.

I'm currently running the original battery in my '07 Electra Glide, due to my 18 month old Deka (post #2 above) not charging above 12.4v or holding +12 volts for more than a few days. It spins engine over ok (maybe a little slow) and fires right up. I carry the Deka as a back up. I've decided to not buy another battery until one of these fails, or I take a trip long enough to need the space. :D

That battery I mentioned in post #3 is supposed to be made by Deka. I haven't got it yet to compare. Should be here tomorrow. We'll see.

I have used oem batteries with good success. I never use a tender and replace them every four years regardless. Never had issue with starting even after months of sitting unattended in the bike. Of course my bike is in the attached garage and it never gets below the mid forties. Last battery I bought at batteries plus 3 years ago and no problems and no tender. The batteries plus is made by Pennsylvania battery(deka) who makes oem Harley batteries and its 2/3rds the price with 2 year warranty.

i just bought a Deka glass mat technology battery, for replacement of the Original in my 09 King...

130$ out the door at my local parts store. They do make HD's batteries as you know.

Liking it so far, lots of cranking power... :D

signed....BUBBIE

I'm currently running the original battery in my '07 Electra Glide, due to my 18 month old Deka (post #2 above) not charging above 12.4v or holding +12 volts for more than a few days. It spins engine over ok (maybe a little slow) and fires right up. I carry the Deka as a back up. I've decided to not buy another battery until one of these fails, or I take a trip long enough to need the space. :D

You actually carry a spare battery on the bike?

Back