free website stats program Battery Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Question

I use a Deltran, just put the pigtails on the battery posts and plug it up. LED will go green when it's in the maintenance mode. Works very well. Deka is probably a good choice as well.

There is also "batterymart.com". The ETX30 has been $99 delivered for a long time. They call it a Big Crank but mine came in a Deka box so I assume that is the source.

I have a 2007 Road King. I'm still using the same battery it was manufactured with. I didn't place a battery tender on it until 2 years after I purchased the bike. The tender is only connected once in awhile. I've had my mechanic test the battery and he said the numbers are all good. Even though it's starting, can I still be doing damage to the ECM, starter, regulator or some other electrical component on the bike since the battery is so old?
I just replace the original battery on my 08 egc. It was still doing the job and tested good but it was beginning to crank over a little slow on start ups. My voltage regulator went out so changed the battery too. I didn't realize how weak my old battery was til the first time I started it up with the new battery. You never know how long they have left at that age.

Bought my 99 eglide in 07, I and the previous owner used the batterytender; at least when parked for extended period and during our long cold winters. I picked up a Drag Specialties AGM battery last Friday, just in case my HD battery finally gave out after 6 plus years. When I hit the start button just to see if the slow cranking was due to the cold (50-55 degrees); no start. So I picked up the new battery just in time but I think next time I wont wait 6 years because most failures of any kind do not happen in the garage at home.

Back