free website stats program battery Change | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

battery Change

Fuel pump primes everything comes on..do not have security on this bike...starts and chugs then dies..will not take any throttle

I agree with Joel, check the items you had to move out of the way to get the old battery out. I know there is a load of electrical connections in the wiring above the battery on my Ultra.

If your machine is like mine, the cord for the main computer is too short to leave it connected when removing the battery. Unplug the computer and plug it back in making certain the latch on the plug is fully seated. Beyond that, there must be something you aren't telling us, such as, you also changed the oil and filter and didn't realize you bunged up the crank position sensor, changed something in the headlight nacelle and fiddled with some plugs in the process etc. Since it hasn't run after the battery change, there are probably no codes stored, but it is free to check. If there is one, it might suggest a direction to go.

I just changed the battery in my 2014 Road King now it will not start...ran like a top before the change...

I find it quite strange that the ECM would go out at the exact same time as you changed the battery but at least your up and running again.

Back